Bobs Discount Furniture - Bob's return policy scam

I can not believe the way Bob's has handled my business till now.Bob's makes the lowest quality furniture I have ever experienced.

I would have been better of visiting the local high school woodshop. I paid for the "Goof Proof" for everything I purchased, which included a full living room set, dining room set, two children's bedroom sets and a Master bedroom set.

The dining room set included poorly constructed couches and even worse, *** cofee tables and end tables. The coffee table/trunk broke from the extremely heavy top and two weak hinges.

I called Guardian. The Tech came out, took pictures and then instructed me that I would receive a phone call as he could not repair the trunk. I called Guardian after five days, since noone had made any attemt to contact me. Guardian said that Bob's had told them that the furniture was discontinued.

I was told there was a credit with Bob's waiting for me. Had I not called I would have never heard from them. Next, I called Bob's in Worcester to confirm the credit. The customer service rep said that I did infact have a credit.

I went down there three and a half weeks ago. I picked out replacement items, against my better judgement. The wait was over an hour to figure out my credit as they had new computers and the Staff was not prepared for my situation. I then was introduced to one of the trashiest people I have ever met.

She was rude and in no way helpful. I was told that the furniture needed to be returned before I could get the credit. Had I known this before, I would gladly have had the broken junk picked up beforehand. Four days later the items were picked up.

I was told that I would be reimbursed as soon as the items are back in their warehouse. It has been three weeks since the pick up. I called today. The Manager told me that the Office Manager would be handling this.

Clearly he has no interest in resolving anything. He couldn't manage his way out of a car, much less handle my situation. So now I am waiting again. Bob has his broken junk and I am left with nothing but a useless warranty.

This will require small claims court or the Better Business Bureau to fix my issues.

Do yourself a favor, do not buy Bob's furniture unless you want broken furniture in a month or two.That seems to be the shelf life of his fall-a-particle board furniture!

d67da8b review #228819
10 Helpful? 17
Had the same issue1 Comments2 Report
Had an experience with Bobs Discount Furniture?  Submit review about this company
AIM R

Aug 15, 2011 Erode, Tamil Nadu

OMG, BOBS REALLY SUCKS. THE FURNITURE IS REALLY MADE CHEAP. BOUGHT OVER $6000 WOTH OF FURNITURE FROM THERE. BOTH DRESSERS WERE BROKEN, HAD TO WAIT 12 WEEKS TO GET HANDLES TO MY NIGHT TABLES, TV CONSOLE HAD 3 BROKEN TRACKS SO THE DRAW WOULD FALL OUT, HEADBOARD WAS PUT TOGETHER CROOKED.... BESIDES WE HAD TO WAIT OVER 6 WEEKS JUST TO GET THE STUFF WE PRE-PAID FOR OVER A MONTH PRIOR. CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS PRETTY NICE BUT NO HELP REALLY. ALL THEY DID WAS MAKE US AN APPOINTMENT TO WAIT FOR A TECH AND REPLACEMENT PIECES, WHICH BY THE WAY WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR BOTH THE TECH AND REPLACEMENTS TO COME FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS. THIS IS THE WORST SERVICE EVER. I DO NOT CARE THAT THE FURNITURE WAS LESS THAN IN OTHER STORES IT IS TERRIBLE QUALITY FOR THE PRICE WE PAID ($800-1000) PER ROOM. NOT WORTH IT. I WILL NEVER EVER SHOP THERE AGAIN.... I DO NOT CARE IF THEY WERE GIVING STUFF AWAY FOR FREE!!!

0 0 Reply
Floyd Hartford

May 16, 2011

Bob's Discount Furniture is all around bad news. From purchasing to simple warranty coverages that apparently aren't Bob's problem. I'm in South Portland, Maine and today May 16th, 2011 I have also had a horrible experience with Bob's. I have spent over $2,000 and only wanted to exchange my $120 mattress cover. I'm not even kidding when I say there was an entire rack of the items right next to me while I was being told 'No' and 'We don't do returns at the store.' by the rude portly woman who was supposed to be the manager.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.