Bobs Discount Furniture - My Bob's Furniture

Issue not resolved

I purchased a livingroom set for $1600 which I same day in CASH.Did I say I paid in CASH....

Yeah ok. So rather than pay $149 for delivery 10 blocks up, I paid a guy $50. Well my sofabed NO LIE only lasted 3 hours. Imagine this - 2 people on the sofa after about 2 hours and BOOOM, we fall to the bottom of the sofa.

Good thing Bobs' furniture had a sofabed to cushion our fall. Well these bastards will not pick up the furniture unless I pay $149.95 for pickup since I didn't pay the first time.

Oh yeah, and the extra warranty I paid for - $179 that the sales rep swore that if anything happened whatsoever, they would come to the house and replace it absolutely free.Yeah ok you sons of ***

d68c657 review #172179
10 Helpful? 51
Had the same issue11 Comments20 Report
Had an experience with Bobs Discount Furniture?  Submit review about this company
Bunny

May 15

I have experience a disastrous relationship with Bob's. The finish came off my daughter's dresser and night stand, in less than six months.
A technician came out and said it was all our fault, and they would not replace them. He said he would fix the paint that had come off, but did not have the right color white. This is the person to whom they give the call on whether it was damaged from the factory.
When I called, the "Customer I don't Care" center said they would not be out to fix it, and bring the correct paint. This is a one time courtesy call. How could be inconvenienced for hours and not having it corrected by a courtesy?
The person I spoke to sounded like a robot...he said he was the only supervisor in charge. Then, I really started to laugh. WHy would I expect incompetent people to say accurate things? No one I spoke to even knew the finish on the furniture.
My next email is to the Better Business Bureau.

Toni

Sep 11, 2013 New Rochelle, New York

I just canceled my order. After waiting all day long I just found out it would be well after 6:30pm to get my sofa. I used the delivery tracker many times today to track my delivery. One of the selling points the push is that you will be given a 3 hour window for your scheduled delivery. It started out at 12:44a.m. to 3:44p.m. It then changed every hour for several hours until it reac hed 8:15 p.m. My friend saw the MY Bob's Truck 10 minutes away and asked them if they had my delivery. I was able to speak to the driver and he said that it would be very very very late. Obviously, MY Bob's thinks because they sell at a reasonable price that people will put up with their b.s. delivery tracker. I for one will not. I urge all not to shop there as they are not above board with their sales spiel.

Upset customer

Aug 29, 2013 Randolph, Massachusetts

I have just read many of the complaints and comments here. I guess we are not ones to have poor service and cheap product. Ergo.... small claims court is the way to go. Bob's needs to be hit in the pocket book for not keeping their word and selling inferior or defective product.

My son bought a box spring, mattress and head board. Had to back order and was supposed to take 2 weeks. It took 3.5 weeks so we picked it up when it came in. The foot board was broken when we took it out of the box. Press board, ***. They were going to replace it but brought the wrong part. Weeks have gone by and my son rightfully said take the head board / foot board back which they agreed too. Now after not showing up a few times they only want to give a store credit. Do you think we would ever buy anything there again? My son has been sleeping on the mattress so feels obligated to keep it, but we will go to small claims court for vindication and justice instead of trying to reason with a company that thinks they can screw everyone at least once and not rectify their poor business practices.

Glad

Apr 12, 2013

Glad I read these comments. I was going to purchase two bedrooms on-line tomorrow (almost 2,900.00) from Bob's. NOW THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN thanks for the heads up.

roberta

Mar 05, 2013 Flushing, New York

Let's just say I'm annoyed :x
I purchased two recliners in 2008,and right away had problems.
In the showroom I told the sales rep that I couldn't push back the chair to raise the foot rest..I had to really struggle to recline.Then to bring the chair back to sitting position, the sales rep told me to put both my feet on the foot rest and push really hard!! He then said..this is a floor model,your chair won't be this hard...what was I thinking? I have not sat inthe chair since last July. The other chair..no one wants to sit in it because it rocks and reclines, and you can't get a good foot grip on the floor to get out of it! This purchase was a huge mistake, and I won't buy from them again. :zzz

Paula

Dec 04, 2011

Glad I checked this out because I was going to look into getting sofa from Bob's. No way now!

camen rodriguez

Nov 21, 2011

i put an order from bobs furniture store and i get horrible expierence from delivery and defective merchandise.not only one time twice in last two weeks.no answer from any one of mybobs discount furniture customerservice and from delivery team.no sorrry;no reason ? carmen rodriguez i still have strong hope they will give me call and expalin to me what happen.

Jassie J

Oct 08, 2011

Wwow l really can't believe this every time I see them on TV I talk about how nice their furniture looks and for such a low price... It must be a scam looks like I was right.. Happy I have not bought anything from them I wonder if IKEA is any different cuz I'm looking for new furniture for my new flat..

daniel schenck

Sep 17, 2011 Erode, Tamil Nadu

purchased sofa set bonded leather n goof proof protection plan,, sofa bonded leather cracking n tearing.called bobs tech came out n told would taken care of by either bobs or manufactors,,guess what neither will honor there agreements,, so to all out there don,t buy from bobs discount furniture there word there promise meaning nothing theyare *** artist n player of words

sherrill

Sep 16, 2011

I bought a bobopedic mattress from there and after 2 years the middle of the matress was sinking... I did buy the extended warrenty... filed a warrenty complaint and was told it was not a warrenty problem, then what heck is!!!!! my husband and I were sinking in the middle. What a joke.. We went to Jordons and had to buy a new matress. Don't listen to any of there commercials... or how great there product's ... YOU pay for what you get!!!! Garbage is what they sell....

totally disappointed

Sep 01, 2011

The furniture I bought was supposed to be delived tomorrow, and they want some one to be home to accept the delivery. I did took off tomorow just to get new furnitures. Today I called them to find out the timing and they told me that due to computer errors they forgot to put my furniture in truck and it cannot be delived tomorrow. How rediculious it that. I called the customer service and they were so rude to talk.

0 0 Reply
Don't like to be taken for my

Jul 05, 2011

I work hard for my money so I want to get the best bargin for the money. I'm glad that I checked this site out first before buying from Bob's. I don't have money to waste. I can't afford to buy furniture that will not last- broken within 48 hours is unacceptable. I don't plan to shop at Bob's.Thanks for the heads up.

Kenrick

May 18, 2011

THEY are the worst i purchased a montgomery daybed from them and it came crashing down the first day only about 40 minutes laying on it, they came and replaced the parts with the same sh*tty compressed wood, and get this the new slats has splits in it i swear my 2 year old can snap em with one arm. now i dont even want to lay on the somofab*tch, i called up customer care telling them i want my moneyback they said they dont handle that they have to connct me to the store after waiting long enough to make sure customer care was closed a sales rep picked up and had no clue why i was calling, i told her i want a refund for the formica furniture they sold me she said oh they dont handle that i have to talk to customer service, now i just wanna burn the POS i call back customer service, "we are closed please call back on our hours of operation" oh man wait till tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!! shoulda just spend the extra cash and got a real daybed.
BE WARNED THERE IS NO DISCOUNT YOU ARE GETTING WHAT YOU PAID FOR JUNK!

Ms. Donnell

Apr 03, 2011

well well well, interestingly enough, we were gonna go look at furniture today. So *** happy I went to this site before I did that...thank you consumers...you made my day!

Benny Giambrone,

Mar 30, 2011

Wow!! I was going to purchase furniture at Bob's ; however, after seing all these negative coments, I changed my mind.

ME

Sep 23, 2010

Having the same problem, my sofa hasbeenreplaced 2 times, noe i am told I only have ten more days to decide if i want to exchagne it without a usgae fee. they are coming today becasue my coffe table has broken for the third time. The rug I bought went back twice finally cancelled that. I am totally disappointed and at this point would like to look somehwere else but I will loose money and this was bought on a budget since I just became unempoloyed.

SA Former Customer

Apr 30, 2010

I just had them replace my sofa & love seat. Had to threaten warranty people with a lawyer. Well they approved for new furniture, Well I called bobs, naturally, and was told oh, you have a credit. No phone call naturally, I have only 30 days to use it. Bobs SUCKS. used to be good in the beginning.

vincent

Feb 23, 2010

wow, so Im not the only one...Bobs sold me a warranty with out my permission then I noticed it on there and questioned it..So I purchased it cause maybe it would be a good idea....they told me it was good for 6 years..1 year with bobs and 5years with guardsman...but they dont tell you that guardsman starts time of delivery so what the *** is the point of that...so its a waste of a year cause Bobs is going to cover it anyway....when I finally had to make a service request for the warranty guardsman didnt want to cover it and said for me to go to Bobs to get it done...what kinda of bs is that? Then they came to fix it and they said it was a defect in it and was not made properly, so Im wondering why they didnt replace it instead of fixing it, because what if it breaks again after my warranty?Im outta luck then , huh....

vincent

Feb 23, 2010

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.