MISINFORMED

My husband and I had purchased furniture at Bob's in Springfield MA for a home we just bought. The set was made of a better quality then most of their items so we were pleased! The kicker was our sales person told us to come back a week later to pay the purchase off so we could get the perks of tax free weekend! So we did just that!! We gave hime the info and he had wrote it up for us for when we returned! He knew we lived outside of MA and that we would need it after Sept! When we returned he informed us there had been a glitch and because it was going to be delivered outside of MA they could not give us the tax free deal! I was pissed! With not alot of time to shop elsewhere we had no choice but to pay it off to find that we werent going to be able to recieve the set for over 51 days! He knew we lived in CT as we told him when we were purchasing the set! It isn't like this is a special order set and we couldn't even get a pair of bar stools for over 1 month! We felt because he made the mistake they should honor it! They knew we were highly upset but did nothing to make the customer happy! I did inform them that this will be the last time we purchase furniture at Bob's and it is too bad seeing we are furnishing an entire home.

Connecticut's tax free weekend is August 19th through the 24th, just FYI.

Otherwise, I see the point the consumer was making. The sales person should have known better and been able to inform a Connecticut consumer about the misconcenption before the consumer purchased the item.

people make mistakes. maybe YOU should've realized yourself that since you live in CONNECTICUT and only MASSACHUSETTS was having tax free weekend you don't APPLY for it.......

your taxed for where your going to take possession of the merchandise. duh! if your from massachusetts and you go by something in ct you'll be charged 8% independent if massachusetts tax is 5%!, if massachusetts was the only state having a tax free weekend that means only people buying things that are going to a massachusetts location will be applicable for it. just like when new york has their tax free things... only things taken possession inside the state will be tax free.

you could've figured it out. ... let's think before we blame others upon things we ourselves could've came up with.

View more comments (1)
Willimantic, Connecticut

Bob's salesperson insulted me after query for financing

So my wife and I go to buy a mattress. I was rejected for some reason for financing... I own a home, just bought a new car.... baffled by this. The salesperson was not the least helpful, unorganized and did not explain why I was not approved. This really bothered me... I said to the salesperson, who's name was John... he wore glasses and had a ponytail... "John, I don't understand", I said, "I mean, I own a home, I just bought a new car, this doesn't make any sense"...his very rude reply, "oh, please, these days a 15 year-old can buy a car", I was so taken aback, I told the salesperson to forget it all entirely. I plan to go to Jordans for the tax holiday. They are courteous and MY CREDIT IS GOOD THERE!

Maybe you are over extended on your purchases of a home and Vehicle.The credit companies will not allow you to purchase more than your income can pay for.Why?Not just save your money and Pay cash for the mattress then you will have less bills to pay.

vanderbilt mortgage is very unethical. I became ill a few years ago and had to stop working.

the only income was my husband when we were use to having two incomes. dealing with these people was horrible. they were rude and called me a lier. insulted my intelligence.

made me feel like i was trash when i was actually on my death bed. i have little children and was in fear they would have no home. i understand what all these people are saying because i\'ve been there. they have lost money that was sent to them on my behalf.

just one other thing that company that sold us this repossed moblie home \"clayton homes\" out of lake charles louisiana agreed to do all the repairs that needed to be done to this trailor before it was delivered and they didn\'t. the walls had only primer on them the cabinets had no doors. the double insulated windows were broke and not replaced. the gacuzzi tube didn\'t work.

the hot water tank is still hooked up wrong and still to this day i can\'t find anyone who wants to work on it because it is a hassard to be electricuted. we really got screwed all the way around. the representative that sold us the mobile home did this escrow thing that we did not fully understand. now we are stuck.

he was suppose to record the last document signing with us so it would be documented and he so called didn\'t have a tape to record it. i would give anything to see this whole company and its employees have to pay for what they have done to innocent consumers.

Financing for furniture, no wonder we are in a 'credit crisis'.....

Well under most circumstances Bob's salespersons are very helpful and courteous, so you must have ran into a bad apple, or someone having a bad day.

In any event, you owning a home and a car are probably the very reasons you were denied.

If you know how credit scores work, and the way credit approval is decided, you would know that it is a balance between income and expinditures. I would then have to assume you simply do not make enough money to apply for further credit beyond the mortgage and auto-loan.

Bob's mattresses are no good anyway. And I agree that what he said was insulting.

As rude as John was he does have a good point.

View more comments (5)
Boston, Massachusetts
Bobs Discount Furniture Mattress

Bob's Discount Furniture

I purchased a living room (leather sectional) set from Bob's Discount Furniture in their Nanuet, New York location about three (3) months ago. At the time of purchase I paid $2,000.00 plus additional monies for their goof proof warranty/guarantee policy. I recently noticed that on a section of the sofa a huge stain has developed on the leather. I called customer service which was not very helpful with my complaint in the beginning, and with persistence they finally agreed to send a repair person to evaluate the condition of the sofa. I was shocked and dismayed when the repair person told me that my couch will not be replaced or repaired, even with the goof proof warranty/guarantee because the stain my couch has is not covered, because according to him "the stain is due to my hair products". I asked him "hair products", he answered yes "hair products, shampoo, conditioner and hair sprays; this may have caused the stain and therefore Bob's is not liable". In the years of using the same shampoo and conditioner I have never and I quote never have gotten stains not even on my pillows due to my "hair products". I immediately called the store and after much persuasion they agreed to send another repair person to evaluate my sofa set again in two (2) weeks. I feel like I was duped out of my hard earned money by Bob's Discount Furniture. I felt confident in my purchase, but after my recent encounters and problems with my new furniture that is only about three (3) months old, I am very disappointed and angered. I have researched this company and have read hundreds of complaints like mines and also with the same issue of the goof proof warranty/guarantee that they never honor. Customer Service is uncooperative; the home reps they send are aloof, just as uncooperative and not helpful. This company should be stopped for their false advertising, false warranty/guarantee and repeatedly ripping off hard working consumers.

I am having the same issue with my Leather Chair that is six months old. They say it is not covered also.

Tenafly, New Jersey

Furniture

I purchased living a sections living room set from BOBS from bobs and they delivered the incorrect pieces, not once but 3 times, then the pieces didn't match at the end, I was told I would have to call customer service and have a repair man come out and ajust the furniture so the sectional would connect - match up (this would take a 4th visit. Oh yes, I call customer service and told them to take the whole sections out of my house. I was so unhappy with Bobs. I would never buy anything from them after being on hold and then being transferred from one person to another to another. Very unhappy customer.
Reston, Virginia

Bob's Discount Furniture-takes advantage of the kind and understanding

My parents, in their 60's ordered a new mattress set from Bob's in February. Similar to others on here, problems with delivery, etc but the real trauma began after the first mattress was in the house for about 2 weeks. It started to lump and sag and my parents started having back problems and sleepless nights. They called good old Bob's. They sent out a technician a week later. The technician said the bed had to sag an inch and a half for it to be considered defective and sent back and at that time it was only sagging a mere half an inch..after 3 weeks. My parents are noy heavy people. So my dad went back into the store in Stamford, Ct thinking the kind salespeople would have his best interest in mind. Instead they told him the mattress he bought wasn't that good (no kidding) and they up sold him to the most expensive one Bob's has. Another ordeal with the delivery, another delivery charge, another 2 weeks, the mattress sucks even more than the first. Another trip to the store, this time to ask for a refund. He was told they could not issue him one but they could send out another tech. Tech shows up some days later, confirms the bed is defective. My father, thinking this can't really be happening, and that some years ago he bought furniture from Bob's that was okay, this must be a fluke. He agrees to have a THIRD mattress set delivered. 2 weeks later..same thing. lumps and bumps, time off from work due to the deliveries as well as the sleepless nights. This time I make sure I am there when the tech comes out. He was bery nice, in fact said he has worked for Bob's for 3 years and the one thing he would never buy is a mattress. He called it in as defective and put my father on the phone to request resolution. I got on the other end of the line to hear the customer service rep being extremely rude to my father, tried to offer him a store credit (what the heck for??) so I got on the phone and demanded a refund. She agreed finally but said the check would not be cut until the bed was picked up. That was 2 weeks ago. We are still waiting for that check.
Dallastown, Pennsylvania
Bobs Discount Furniture Bed

Furniture is CHEAP! not discounted....

I purchased a full 6-piece bedroom set, a few days after the delivery I noticed the back panels were tacked on and beginning to pop off and warp. The drawers were also warping, and the paint discoloring. It has sinced worsened and is becoming increasingly unsteardy. When I went into the store to complain, the sales clerks tried to sell me more furniture, and blew off the complaints. Customer service asked if I bought the warrenty (which I did not, I questioned their quality...) After much debate--Surpirse, surprise their was nothing they could do! Do Not Buy from Bob's... It is "CHEAP"

About 20 years ago, it used to be something you were proud of if your furniture was imported. Today, the general public is to cheap to buy real furniture, so they shop stores like Ikea, Ashley, Walmart and Bob;s discount furniture.

Not only does the money go directly into the Chinese economy, (do I have to remind you that China is a Communist country?) but you whine when the furniture falls apart. Do you know how many honest hard working American companies have gone out of business in the last decade because they cannot compete against the chinese labor wages? The chinese worker makes much less than our minimum wage. Eventually, however as the standard of living starts going up in China, the cost of goods will also increase.

But then, because all the American furniture companies have gone out of business, there will be no more options for furniture buying.

Wake up America, stop being so cheap, start buying American!

Then you won't have the issues that you are having. And if you are so cheap that you don't care about quality, don't complain about the furniture you are buying!!

I cannot help but to feel you are being somewhat misleading here. The pieces you are referring to are covered under a 1 year warranty guaranteeing the pieces free from manufacturers defects for one year.

If you were, or are, having an issue with the pieces and are still in this warranty (which based on your description, certainly are), you need only call the customer care department - not go to the store, the store cannot help you at this point, as the merchandise has already been delivered.

And the extended warranty you refer to is called Goof Proof, a customer caused accident insurance policy through a company called Guardsman, which has not a single bearing on your manufacturers warranty.

Either you are purposely trying to demonize Bob's, or you are just completely ignorant of what is really going on. Just to reiterate, you have a 1 year warranty, call the customer care department and they will take care of it for you.

You leave out a lot of details.

Did you address yout furniture concerns to the store manager? What about your manufacturer, did you try contacting them? And what did your Visa or Mastercard do for you when you asked for their involvement?

You don't need an extended warranty on new furniture. The manufacturer's warranty is still in effect.

Take pictures. Document your experiences and observations. And make use of Smalls Claims Court if you think that justice is on your side and what you say here is accurate.

Reston, Virginia
Bobs Discount Furniture Furniture Set

Did not know had 2 be home all day.

I ordered over phone-did not receive pamphlet till delivery which states that you have to remain avail all day, not just the 3 hr window. Which appar. means nothing. I went out at 130p (window 330-6p) returnded at 235 to find an angry pair of delivery men who talked to my neighbors, who think I am a *** for not being there for delivery. They were mad at management, in fact one looked like Bob, when I mentioned this, he stated don't ever say that again. I am sorry for your disgruntled empl. but not my fault. I also believe that instead of making believe there is a window you should just say that the entire day should be set aside. I also mentioned this on ask Bob and rec. no reply

i deliver for bob's and im siding with the delivery men on this one. People make our day longer all the time and just think that we are robots or something.

This is furniture delivery not UPS. Sometimes deliveries take minutes and others take hours. If we do a deliver that is quoted at one hour in 15 minutes then we are 45 minutes ahead of schedule.

Thats why sometimes delivery people are ahead of the time frame. We dont get paid by the hour so the faster we finish the better.

Old Town, Maine

Bob's Furniture bad, bad, $2000 for living room set gone bad

how is this company still in business? 1/2008 i bought a living room set "Dakota" all piece. delivered couch made spring noises, exchanged couch. loveseat spring sticking out, all pcs. metal tacks falling off, the Techs and delivery men have been to my house over 10 times. I ended up reselecting new set "Fairfax" pretty looking but still defecftive, next week it will be the 11th time I sit here and wait for another defective or slice cut couch. I'm being nice in this complaint but they lie and lie. don't do it cause it's cheap!
Boston, Massachusetts
$2000

Bob's Discount Furniture In Portland, Maine Gave me BEDBUGS! What a NIGHTMARE THEY CAUSED ME!

I purhased a large wrap around sofa from Bob's Discount Furniture in Portland, Maine back at the end of February '08 and I was almost immediatly infested with bedbugs. I didn't even know I had a problem because only my boyfriend was getting bit and not me. We didn't see any bugs for several months so I thought my boyfriends was going crazy until finally they'd sucked sooo much blood out of him, they grew to a gigantic size which could not be missed. I google them and found out they were bedbugs and they were all through my apartment. I'm 100% positive they came from the new couch. Bob's Discount wouln't pay for an exterminator or even reimburse me even though I paid an extra $100 for the "oops proof" which is ***! I'm calling my lawyer as we speak and I"m going to do whatever it takes to spread the word! NEVER SHOP AT BOB"S DISCOUNT FURNITURE ANYWHERE!

Bought a foundation from Bob's Discount in Portland, Maine. Almost immediately had bed bugs!

Never had a problem in my life.

Don't buy from Bob's Furniture ever! Actually I think it's considered South Portland, Maine.

Hello everyone, I have joined the Bobs Discount Furniture bed bug broken dream team. I am typing out all of your stories to present my case to the Bobs Discount furniture staff and possibly a court of law if necessary; using your stories as evidence that this is an on going problem. On March 6, 2011, I purchased a sofa and love seat from Bobs Discount Furniture in Natick MA. These products did not arrive until April 1, 2011. It recently came to our attention that the couch was loaded with bed bugs. We hired an exterminator to come *** the situation and his professional opinion was that the bed bugs were only located in the couches and no where else throughout the house. Also, based on the evolution and size of the bed bugs that it is very likely the bed bugs came with the furniture. Not only am I going to pursue this issue to its fullest extent, I am also going to try and get the Massachusetts Health Department involved. If this is an ongoing problem, then why is Bobs Discount Furniture allowed to continue to sell furniture that destroys the lives of it consumers? I am asking for some light contact information from all of you so that if some officials need to contact you they can. If you are willing to assist could you please email your first name and email address to AirforceJG@***.com. This would be greatly appreciated.

-Jeffrey

You're out of your *** mind! Probably one of those low lifes just looking to make a buck!

I had the same experience.

At this time I’m interested in joining with others customers who have had a similar experience. Please build the courage to voice your concerns and join together to do something about this. Let’s get what is owed to us, please join me.

Larimar1274@***.com

Your boyfriend probably got the bedbugs from the cheap motels he's been going to with the *** he's been *** behind your back....

Are you insane?

View more comments (5)
Middleton, Wisconsin
Bobs Discount Furniture Sofa
Loss

Abused disrespected Bob's Customer!

After not one ,two or three adventures with this *** company I have once again fell for the cheap asian oak furniture that is either damaged or doesn't come in when the salespeople "promise" then after literally dozens of useless phones with uneducated inept personnel at the local store and central customer"Disservice" department your frustration level goes beyond any experience. This one is hard to explain they keep calling me telling me that the TV entetainment unit is in and ready for delivery and then email or call a day later and apologize that a piece is damaged and they'r out of stock after getting all my money. This has repeated 6 times within the last two weeks and both customer service and mgmt are useless and offer only pathetically weak I'm sorry's. Avoid this amatuer, sloppy, low end weasel company at all costs the perceived savings are a menagerie. Stay as far away as you can or get abused. Kevin Gavaghan

It's only been two weeks...and they want to deliver furniture that's intact! I think that's commendable!

We're not buying a pair of jeans here. And if you needed it sooner you should have ordered it sooner - because ordering furniture is different than other retail. It's not a perfect science. Be patient, and plan ahead.

First: take measurements - door widths and ceiling heights if there is a wall, or turn around area.

Second: Do Not Paint or Buy Carpet before picking your furniture! Everything centers around your furniture pick and there are way more choices in paint and carpet than furniture colors - take into consideration other wood colors in your home - so don't stain or paint wood until you pick out furniture!!!!

Maybe if you answer the phone when they call?

I'm trying to figure your compolaint, although I appreciate your level of frustration. You want them to deliver to you damaged furniture?

Your furniture is made overseas. More than 90% of new furniture is, and low priced furniture certainly is.

It goes from a factory to a container to a ship to an American port, off-loaded from the container and placed on a truck and sent to a huge, huge warehouse only to be moved and handled and jostled again and again.

It's unfortunate, but the furniture earmarked for you is a victim of circumstances, and that means that you are a victim of some bad coincidences.

These things happen in any large distribution center wareghousing, whether it's Bob's or Macy's or Raymour & Flannagan, etc. Any worker with a sense of duty and commitment to where he works wants for the customers to be happy. Thier continued employment ultimately depends on it.

If I sound like an apoligist for the furniture industry, then it's because I am.

BTW, your use of foul language on the message board makes your participation unpleasant. You should have more repect for the peple who bring you this message board and be more selective about what kind of filth you want to write with. That's my opinion on just how far you should let your frustrations get the better of you.

Greenwich, Connecticut
Service
Bobs Discount Furniture Delivery Service

Bob O pedic lite Is cheap foam not as described!

Bob o pedic Mattress stinks I bought it yesterday and the floor model was much thicker than the pieces I recieved I laid on the matteress and it was spoungy with no support.1 nights sleep and I will try to return to store but the crooks probably wont take it back.The...

Get the bobby o bed cover. You be hitting the tang in da morning and I kno you gotta dirty lady!

Keep the bobby protected and the little lady home at night! Dirty Turd!

View more comments
Newark, New Jersey
Bobs Discount Furniture Mattress
Junior Reviewer

Bob's Discount Furniture

I remember looking for a new recliner at Bob's Discount Furniture and I am so glad I never bought anything from there after all the horror stories I have read and other stories I have heard in person. I think a couple of things are important to keep in mind when shopping for new furniture. If it's a sofa or a chair, feel the material. If the material feels thin, it's going to wear down a lot quicker and probably get torn. If you are looking at a new recliner, test out the mechanism. If it feels flimsy, move onto another store. I think there is another truth to keep in mind about furniture. It's been my observation that with furniture, you usually get what you pay for. That being said, if you come across a deal that seems too good to be true, it probably is. If the store is selling furniture for a disgustingly cheap price, question it because unless it's a special holiday discount sale, the quality will probably be a lot cheaper.

I hate to say this but Bob's Discount Furniture seems to be secondhand. When I tested out a recliner there, the material was thin and the mechanism was flimsy. Their furniture might appear to be nice but the quality of it is so shoddy. Be very skeptical of a discount furniture store that has so many annoying TV ads. One of my co-workers had bought a sofa from Bob's and it came apart in 6 months. Sure their furniture sells for rockbottom prices but there is no way a store like that is ever getting my business, period.

Don't get me wrong. I have a cheap bookcase from IKEA that has lasted a long time. I even have a pine wooden table from IKEA that has held up very well - knock on wood. lol...But when it comes to furniture that you will be sitting on or sleeping in, you definitely want something that's made well and that will last for years. I have never shopped for a mattress before but I wouldn't buy one from Bob's.

Go to one of the more reputable chain furniture stores where you might pay more but where you will more likely get your money's worth.

Craig - what you say is generally correct . However, that's not what Bob's appears to advertise.

They claim that it's the same quality furniture as what you would pay more for.

I'm checking all this out to help decide whether we want to go to Bob's to pick out a mattress. I have a co-worker who loves his, but based on the feedback on this site, I'm not so sure.

And thank you for pointing this fact out. If you expect to buy a $2,000 quality recliner, expect to pay $2,000 for it.

If you are coming to a discount store such as Bob's and many others here in New England, keep in mind that the products will hold up fine if you treat them well, but if you treat them like a towel rack and a wrestling ring, they will probably fall apart much faster than the high end furniture. Yes you get what you pay for, but you also get a years of good quality furniture if you treat it well, no matter how much you pay for it.

Newark, New Jersey
Bobs Discount Furniture Recliner

Bobs Discount Furniture will rip you off

Upon being delivered, we saw that it was not the same as in the showroom and that one of the reclining actuators was broken. I asked the drivers to what while I called customer care so I could have it removed, they and customer care said that I should keep that one and it would be straightened out, that was Saturday. On Sunday I drove out and talked to the store manager, told him to pick it up and give me back my money, he said that my account had been credited. On Monday at 9:00pm he called and left message on my cell stating he had not heard from manufacture yet and I find out they took the money from my account anyway. Tuesday I call again and told them, come get your broke furniture and refund my $1800 , store manager and the customer care personal stated the earliest it can be picked up is Thursday and it will take over 72 hours to process the refund. So as of Thursday, I get to be without furniture till they refund my money Saturday or Sunday. Of course they kept reminding me if I wanted something else from the show room I could keep they broken set till Bob’s new stuff arrived.

Dear Craig,

You're a ***.

Sincerely,

Chris

What a story. I guess receiving furniture that has some minor issue with it is paramount to a world tragedy in your eyes. Give me a break. Isn't the same as in the showroom - Let me guess, the color was different? Ever consider the difference in lighting from a showroom with overhead florescent lights, and regualr home lighting, makes a huge difference.

So one of the reclining mechanisms did not work, oh wow, ever hear of a replacement? Bob's would eex the piece no problem.

The refund policy is clearly listed just above the signature line where you signed on your bill of sale. So don't act so surprised that it takes 3 whole long days to process a refund once an item is returned to the warehouse. By the way, refunds are almost never given when items are delivered or picked up, again, you may refer to the refund policy which states "no refunds may be issues on merchandise once it has been delivered or picked up". It is not Bob's fault that you were unwilling to allow them the opportunity to fix the problem. When people, like you, lose control because of some minor problem and expect everything to be returned and refunded - how can you seriously expect a company to do it on your schedule? Bob's has thousands of deliveries every single day, which are routed no less than 2 days prior to deliver. You think that because you want to return everything because you are acting like a cry baby, that Bob's should forget about it's good customers needs, and run right over to your home, forgetting they have other customers who are waiting for deliveries, to pick up your pieces? Wow, that is absolutely selfish and amazing. Then... then, you even have a problem with the processing time of a refund! Interesting considering no company posts anything back to a credit card within 1 minute, not even credit card companies do that, they even take 2 days... so you expect Bob's to walk right through the credit card company itself, and force them to post a refund to your card on their own?

And... as far as credit being given and taken back. You are absolutely ridiculous on this concept. If they had given you a store credit to use, it would have been under the assumption that the other items in your home would be picked up at some point, this is called a reselection - you know, where you would use the credit of your previous set,. to apply towards a new set. Not exactly rocket science here. They never gave you money back on your credit card and then took it away, it was a store credit assuming puckup of the credited items in the end. You honestly expect any company, anywhere, to give you a full REFUND on items that have yet to be returned? Seriously? Not even Wal-mart does that, and they have an incredicly relaxed return policy. And if you absolutely could not wait 2 more precious days to have a Bob's delivery team out there to pick up the items, heres a thought, you could have brought them back yourself! What, you have no truck or no means to do so? Well, now maybe you understand the flip side of this, Bob's does not have the resources (trucks or teams) to simply run out any time day or night on a whim to take care of a customer who has hypsensitive tendancies.

Just food for though. And next time, maybe you should give people a chance before you fly off the handle, I trust this is not an isolated incident.

View more comments (1)
Middletown, Rhode Island

What a headache!

A friend and I went to Bob's for our living room furniture. We purchased a sofa and loveseat, a recliner, a coffee table and two side tables on May 18th. We were told that everything would be ready within a week or so, but we'd definitely have our things before June 10 (because we chose a different color for the recliner, it was "special order"). June 10 came and went, we called numerous times over a couple of days, and finally got a delivery date for the tables and recliner. (Apparently, our couches were going to take just a couple more days.) We weren't home to receive the delivery, and when we got there, discovered that the deliverymen had damaged the coffee table. I called Bob's, and they said they'd bring us a new table along with the couches, which would be ready, we were told, by the end of the week. That deadline passed, we called and called, got no answer other than "any day now", and finally we drove back to the store on 6/16, nearly a month after the purchase date. At the store, we are informed that the couches we purchased had been discontinued and that someone else had already bought the floor model. But we were welcome to take an altered model of the couches in flaming red (rather than sage green). No one had bothered to tell us all this time, when we asked over and over again about the couches, that we would NEVER be getting our furniture. We had to pick out a brand new set, and when we asked for a small discount, were flatly refused. But I accepted. I just wanted some furniture in my new apartment! I reminded the employee that Bob's needed to deliver my new coffee table with the new couches, as they had promised. They delivered the sofas today, and guess what, no table! We've called, flipped out, and finally gotten them to give us some kind of compensation (they haven't worked out what it will be yet, but I don't have much hope). Too much work and worry. We thought if we followed up on everything, we'd be fine. Clearly, following up with these employees gets you nowhere!
Brookline, Massachusetts
Bobs Discount Furniture Sofa

Defective furniture

I purchased a dining room SET from bobs 6+ months ago. the table had to be replaced the second month in (peeling veneer). I phoned June 3 2008 because the peeling is happening again and the chairs are losing color (loosen joints). Tech comes in and offers touch up stain and laquer spray as an option. product was discontinued and no longer available as of Jan 2008. I was offered a full credit - I asked to call back with decision. now they offer a store credit or full credit for top and base only. now they are sending a second tech to look at the chairs since the first tech was not allowed to post the defects (visit was for table only).
Wallingford, Connecticut