1.6
Style and Design

Update by user May 21, 2017

Bob's contacted me after seeing my Facebook rant. They will come to pick up the bed and I will receive a full refund for that portion of my purchase.

Original review posted by user May 20, 2017

Bob's Discount Furniture is absolute ***. We purchased a bed for Lizzie back in august.

After a short time, the castors on the trundle of the bed broke because the materials and design were terrible. We paid for goof proof protection, so a repair technician came out and "fixed the bed" Within a few weeks, the same damage occurred. We call again, and this repair technician sees the problem and says we need a new trundle. Sucks, but these things happen.

As it turns out, Bob's doesn't make that trundle in that color anymore, so the only thing they can offer us is a replacement of the entire bed. Fine...the bed is darker then we would like, but it is fully functional. We set up a delivery explaining that we are both teachers and cannot be home before 3:15pm, so we would need a weekend. It takes a few weeks, but we finally get an open weekend that works for both the delivery company and us.

Delivery attempt 1: Bed arrived damaged. Customer service says they can re-deliver mid-week, guaranteeing that it wouldn't be before 6pm. Delivery attempt 2: I check in the morning, and see my window is 2:30 - 6:30. I immediately call customer service to remind them of their guarantee.

I'm told to call back after noon, and then they can speak with the delivery personnel directly and have them slow down, take a longer lunch, or flip deliveries so they aren't at the house until 3:15pm. I do my due diligence and call back at noon and I am assured that 3:15 pm will be no problem. I receive a call at 2:30pm from the driver letting me know he's at the house. I tell him that I spoke to customer service and that I wouldn't be home until 3:15pm.

He said "ok, no problem." I then told him, "I'll see you in 45 minutes." He said, "ok." Guess what? He wasn't there. I then call customer service to explain my situation, and the first representative was condescending to me, "you see, sir, the key word is 'request,' we cannot guarantee delivery times." After I chew him out I speak to a manager. I could go on forever about this conversation but here's the gist: "Bob's has your money, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Bob's can continue to hijack your days by making you sit for deliveries that arrive damaged, and we will not work around your time schedule." Delivery attempt 3: This was today...May 20. THE BED WAS DELIVERED DAMAGED AGAIN!!!!! For those counting, this is the 5th attempt (2 repairs and 3 failed deliveries.) I speak with the customer service representative and I'm asked "what would you like at this point?" I said I'd like a full refund because I am beyond done with this company.......hold please.......We can't do that, but what we can do is offer you a re-selection and waive the delivery fee. Hang on a second...that's what the past 3 failed deliveries have been!!!

(Dumbfounded silence on the phone) All she kept repeating was that they can offer me and we can discuss compensation for the errors after the final successful delivery. It took some digging, but Bob's values it's customer's time so much that they offer a whopping $25 for failed deliveries. Ant it's in the form of a gift card...so I'm trapped spending the money in a place I despise. So, since our money is being held hostage here, there's nothing for us to do except bend over and take it.

New delivery date.....June 10. Let's see if they can finally get it right this time.

Review about: Bobs Discount Furniture Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Had to choose other because there are so many reasons i'm unhappy:.

I didn't like: Condescending attitude of the reps.

Comments