Bronx, New York

What I thought would be a simple rug purchase turned of to be an experience that left me so upset that I will NEVER purchase from them again.

We went to their Westchester location.

The furniture looked cheaply made. I told my wife lets get out of here. But she noticed a rug that she really liked. So we purchased it.

The salesman said I would have it in three days. After three weeks of the run around by their staff. We canceled. Everytime I called I was given such a run around not to mention being on hold for ten minutes at a time.

Stay Away. Very Unprofessional staff.

Comments

So I ordered a couch about a month ago from Bobs Furniture. My boyfriend took the day off work to wait for it. Guess what those *** went to my old address.

When I made the purchase I updated my address with them, and also called a day before it was supposed to be delivered. They didnt have my update so I spoke to a rep named Victor who stated he will update the info.

The info was never updated and it they went to my old address. After all that I was treated poorly by the staff. They did not try to accomodate me in any way and tried to give me a date in three weeks.I was treated as if I was the one that made the error! I canceled that order and will never EVER in my life buy anything from them! Terrible customer service! I would not recommend this place to anyone.

#208033

My husband and I are more victims of Bob's Furniture. At the Nashua NH store we ordered furniture Oct 3, 2010.

Was told by sales people would have it within 21 days. As of today Nov 5, 2010 no furniture and get this 'they think they have lost it'. Ok how do you loose furniture? We have been given every excuse in the book ie computer and phones crashed, needed new server, lost the order, you name it we have heard it.

When you call the Nashua NH store the phone rings until you are automatically cut off. Go down there and the 'manager' gives you a song and dance will call you the next day. To this day, never have recevied a call from anyone.

We have contacted the BBB on this issue. :( :(

#198951

I am another victim of Bob's *** furniture. My leather sofa and loveseat are falling apart after three years.

Seams are coming apart and the leather is peeling off.

I called them and they blew me off, saying I was outside the warranty period. Will never buy from them again!!

#196440

:( We purchased a living room and bedroom set from Bob's about 3 years ago. The bedroom set is very nice.

However, the cheaply made living room set is another story. After 1 year, stuffing started coming out of it, then at the 2 year mark....one side of the bottom of the couch dropped. When we investigated, turns out each end of the couch is held up by a tiny square of wood supporting the frame. No wonder!

We were hoping to get 5 years out of the set...but I don't see that happening. Stay away from their upholstered products!!!

I ordered furniture from Bob's and left a deposit for a dining room set and a special order on a couch and loveseat. The dining room set was in stock but I opted to have everything delivered at one time.

After being told the couch and Loveseat would arrive in about 10 days in time for my move to a new condo I called to set a time for delivery to be told that the Couch would not be in for about another 2 weeks. I then asked to have the dining room set delivered and I would wait for the couch. I was then told that the dining room furniture was out of stock. This furniture was to be set aside for me.

I called the next day and cancelled the order and was told that they would not refund my money because the items were a special order and I did not cancel within three days. Why would I cancel in three days when I was told the furniture would arrive in 10 days. In addition the dining room set was not a special order and should have been in stock waiting for me.

I purchased furniture from a more reputable store and the furniture arrived on time. I have contacted the BBB as many of you should do.

I purchase my "lexington pub" table expresso color...yes it is beautiful... on the other hand the table is 5 months old and already had to call guardsman because the finish is coming up.

they claim it is water damage, so i call Bob's in STOUGHTON,MA They send a tech out and he (could barley speak ENGLISH) says yes it is water damage. they tell me they are too not going to cover it. I told them its not water damage and just admit that its a poorly made finish. So, because my daughter spilled nail polish (which is covered by guardsman) and that tech from guardsman DID NOT finish fixing the nail polish Bobs told me to call guardman back up and get a rebutle.

Now I call them and Guardsman told me that it has nothing to do with Guardsmand and I need to call BOBS AGAIN!!!! I am beyond PISSED!!!!

the story still isn't done... but i am sure you all can get the idea...DO NOT BUY FROM BOBS FURNITURE THEY SUCK :( :(

I have read the complaints and honestly can't understand. I have purchased furniture from Bob's and frankly have had an awesome experience.

The furniture I find to be of great quality and the staff was very pleasant. I even had a situation when I fell in love with a livingroom set and after I purchased it upon delivery found that it was too large for my living room and didn't even fit either in the stairway or the elevator in my building. had no problems returning and choosing something different. Was treated with much patience and respect and given my space to shop around, compare and decide.

The sales personnel are pleasant and give you your space to look around, they are not constantly on top of you and following you around.

I had a great experience and would recommend Bob's furniture to anyone I know. I have purchased furniture in the NJ location and also in Manhattan, they just recently opened a location in upper east side.

I just recently had a terrible experience which I will be documenting. I urge all of you out there to reach out to the Better Business Bureau as somehow this company has been under the radar with 0 documented complaints with the BBB and so many legitimate angry Bob's consumers.

Head over to their website at htp://www.bbb.org and file a complaint.

"Historically, over 70% of complaints filed through BBB are resolved. In some cases, BBB mediation or arbitration may be offered to assist in resolution." --BBB

I just recently had a terrible experience which I will be documenting. I urge all of you out there to reach out to the Better Business Bureau as somehow this company has been under the radar with 0 documented complaints with the BB and so many legitimate angry Bob's consumers.

Head over to their website at htp://www.bbb.org and file a complaint.

Bobs Discount Furniture Reviews