555 E Townline Rd, Vernon Hills, IL 60061, USA
2.7

My wife and I recently ordered a bedroom set from Bob's. While shopping we were told that the bed we were ordering came in two varieties.

Either with storage or just the rails. We asked the sales person to verify that what we were ordering did indeed come with wooden rails. She went and spoke to her manager and verified that the bedroom set would come with standard rails and not the Storage bed. When the bedroom set was delivered today, there were no rails.

We called our store in Vernon Hills, IL to find out how we could get the rails for the mattress to sit on, and were told that we would have to order them separately at a charge of $600 (The headboard is only $300!). This after we double checked in the store that our order would include rails. My wife called the store and I followed up with Bob's customer service only to be told that they could do nothing for us but ALLOW us to order the rails, or give us store credit to return the headboard (hello we purchased an entire bedroom set). This is not satisfactory.

In addition, when we asked about putting a metal frame on the headboard, we were told that it could tip over. If that is the case how can they even sell the headboard separate from the rails?

It makes no sense. I am very disappointed with Bob's and will be recommending to everyone I know not to trust their sales team, in fact, not to buy from them at all if they can avoid it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Furniture Set.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Bobs Discount Furniture Pros: Movers, Price was reasonable.

Bobs Discount Furniture Cons: Employee knowledge.

Comments