2.7K views

Last year I purchased a bunk bed set from Bob's for my 2 young sons. This particular set had stairs on the side and draws on the bottom, it looked perfect for my boys- well looks can be VERY deciving.

After a few weeks I started to notice bites on my 5 year old, the last thing I thought is that there were bed bugs. I thought it might have been misquito bites boy was I wrong. a few months pasted and the warm weather was gone, but my little guy kept getting bites. I checked his room, the floors, and the matress and saw nothing.

As time went on, my son still kept getting bites and finally I found them!!!!!! How discusting they were coming from the wood in the frame of the bunk beds. I learned that the first time I checked the bugs were so small that i wouldn't of been able to see them.

I since have had my apartment treated what a nightmare.

I took time off of work to gather every item in my home that could have been infected and that's not as easy as it sounds every sheet, towel, tablecloth, curtains, and clothes to the laundy mat and wash them on hot water and dry them on high for 60 minutes. Almost $200 later ( on laundry alone)and bags of ruined clothing (from the hot dryer), stress, time out of work, and having to buy a new bed, pillows, mattress ext.. the worst part is that I called Bob's to inform them of my problem as it is their problem too if they are delivering bugs to consumers' homes.

Not only did they tell me there is nothing they could do but they were also very rude.

Review about: Bobs Discount Furniture Bed.

Comments

The same thing happened to me in november spent 2 months treating it started in the kids room from the bunk it was a nightmare never again buying from bobs

Yes! Apparently that’s the same bunk beds I got for my girls and their going through the same thing too, we are unfortunately going through treatment for bedbugs, it’s a complete nightmare. I did notice the black spots when they first deliver the furniture, but I didn’t think any of it, help what can I do?

And you waited for what sounds like almost a year to complain. By rights you should have been getting bitten too, because your kids would be getting them on their clothing, etc. and therefore, dragging the bugs to other parts of the house.

to anonymous #1149467

Probably someone who works at Bobs, trying to cover up their HUGE history of having nasty bed bugs. Everyone knows that Bob's is a bed bug zone.

I would never shop there. Gross. Their warehouse is nasty.

Hope they get slammed with these lawsuits. To OP, glad you and your family are well now.