Reston, Virginia

i got 2 bedroom sets from bobs in august 2008 i realized that i had bed bugs when my friends daughter and my daughter were bitten alive, the doctor said it was bed bugs we had them in my room and everywhere what a NIGHTMARE IT WAS!.... I advise anyone that have never gotten furniture from bobs, DONT...

the main office totally denied everything the pedticied places have had complaints from bobs its not worth buying from there it will cost you alot more than you think... i hate bob furniture... so please beware .! dont believe anything they sayy ...

they lieee !!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Bed.

Comments

I purchased a more than an ottoman single bed. Upon opening it the chemical odor was very strong!!

It took about two weeks to lessen, but it's still there faintly.

Today,January 27,2014 I picked up two power recliners.

The chemical smell is overpowering to the point I had to leave the room.

I started wheezing and coughing.

What is this product and why is it used? Is it toxic?

Bob's should explain this, in honesty!

Most effective and sipmle tool for making sleeping place and clothes bed bug free is a micro-wave oven.I am amazed not one of your articles mentions this and should be the first thing anyone who has just discovered bedbugs should equip themselves with.As soon as you awake put each duvet cover, pillow case, sheet, pyjama, pants, night wear- whatever you were wearing in the Micro wave SEPERATELY.For that reason buy small size pillows that will fit in your microwave.This is a serious business and you must equip yourself with the correct hardware so that YOU CAN SLEEP SOUNDLY AGAIN.No Sleep is awful and you must get back good sleep before you will have the strength to really get seriousAlso if you live alone a good long mirror to observe the centre section of your own back as it is very hard to inspect this.You will need a small mirror as well to hold in your hand.Buy lots of small hooks and clothes hangers to allow you to suspend as many clothing items as possible.I know you advise that hair is good prevention against bites but first need is to FIND them so SHAVE OFF ALL BODY hair.It is no good not being sure that they are there or not. You have to know FOR SURE.gO TO CHEMIST and buy a small disposable syringe so that you can suck in freshly boiled water to drop VERY hot (not boiling obviously) in small locations where you think there may be a bug.

This prevents you scratching and will kill the ***.PLEASE ADVISE public to test how hot they can stand the water.I dont want to scald anybody but if you apply the very hot water from the syringe in small drops it will cause NO HARM but kill the little critter.It is useful when you find them on your sheets too as they die in one piece and can be removed without mess.Get a hairdryer.First vaacuum your floor/carpet as well as possible with a NEW VacuumBag, which you will use only for anti bed bug vaccuuming.Now get hairdryer and turn on and test how close it needs to be to SCALD (not burn) your carpet. Go over the carpet systematically.

It takes ages but this is the best way I know of steralising your carpet of eggs, which WILL BE THERE.Also you can use the Hairdryer to go over your body.When they feel the heat the buggers drop off. So stands on a white material AND YOU WILL SEE THEM.I have just got over a bed bug attack and because I quickly found out that ALL SPRAYS ARE USELESS I had to work out how to get my normal life back.Going without sleep is really horrible experience.And any sane person will dread the thought of those little fokkers crawling through your hair and back.One night I felt them on my back and spun over, removed my shirt and TWO fell out and started to crawl away.They are very clever and know EXACTLY which part of your body you cannot inspect.If this has been any help please get back to me and I will provide more advice and will be prepared to write out a complete effective way of treating this problem as all sprays are of little help beyond giving you a worse rash than the bugs themselves.

It is also possible the bed bug infestation is due to their delivery practices. They pick up old mattresses when delivering new mattresses.

Both are transported in the same delivery van in the course of their deliveries throughout the day.

Those used mattresses could harbor bed bug infestations and make their way into the brand new mattresses if not sealed properly. The best bet for consumers is not to buy from a furniture retailer who utilise that type of delivery service.

Hello everyone, I have joined the Bobs Discount Furniture bed bug broken dream team. I am typing out all of your stories to present my case to the Bobs Discount furniture staff and possibly a court of law if necessary; using your stories as evidence that this is an on going problem. On March 6, 2011, I purchased a sofa and love seat from Bobs Discount Furniture in Natick MA. These products did not arrive until April 1, 2011. It recently came to our attention that the couch was loaded with bed bugs. We hired an exterminator to come *** the situation and his professional opinion was that the bed bugs were only located in the couches and no where else throughout the house. Also, based on the evolution and size of the bed bugs that it is very likely the bed bugs came with the furniture. Not only am I going to pursue this issue to its fullest extent, I am also going to try and get the Massachusetts Health Department involved. If this is an ongoing problem, then why is Bobs Discount Furniture allowed to continue to sell furniture that destroys the lives of it consumers? I am asking for some light contact information from all of you so that if some officials need to contact you they can. If you are willing to assist could you please email your first name and email address to AirforceJG@hotmail.com. This would be greatly appreciated.

-Jeffrey

-Jeffrey

What a retarded story. Maybe your place is a ***

@Animal

That wasn't very nice to say , My mother in law has now been added to the many of people who have been effected by buying bob's furniture and getting bed bugs.Her place is emaculate,always clean,and they are in their 70's and just recently bought there new bed and mattress.Shame on you for being so inconsiderate.I hope you continue to buy at Bob's and enjoy your bedbugs,see how much you enjoy yhow horrible this is.My mother in law won't even sleep in her bedroom till this is resolved and cried every night since because she finds it discusting!!!! :cry

LetsGetEven

I also had the smae experience after purchasing from Bob's. javascript:ac_smilie(':(')

At this time I’m intrested in joining with others customers who have had a similar experience. Please build the courage to voice your concerns and join together to do something about this. Let’s get what is owed to us, please join me.

Larimar1274@gmail.com

:( :( :( :( :(

#102059

Bed Bugs originated from Asia/China. The same place where Bob's furniture are manufactured.

Bed bugs live in wood since it is the moistest place for a bed bug to survive. The China plant where their furniture is made is considered a sweat shop where they work round the clock hours. The merchandise is then loaded on a cargo ship which takes approximately 3 weeks before it lands in the Ct warehouse. Then it gets distributed to fill the consumers orders.

Once the bed bug grows to the adult stage the bed bug will lay 5 eggs daily and the infestation begins. At night they will come out and *** the person in a sequence of 3's usually in a straight line. Bob's is aware of the bed bug situation for their furniture but point the finger at the consumer like they brought them from neighbors or vacations or any excuse they can find. Before you buy at Bob's furniture do your research on other companies and see where their furniture is manufactured.

At Bob's you also buy their Bed Bugs at a discounted price.

In summary, Bobs furniture is manufactured in China the largest bed bug infestation place in the world. Buyer Beware!!!!!!

Bed bugs don't originate in the states. So whereever the furniture is made or coming from is where you can find the bugs.

Guess that means the furniture isn't locally made.

I was thinking about getting some furniture from Bob's. After reading these comments- YEA RIGHT!

Okay so 2 months after getting furniture you realize you have bugs in your home, and that is the fault of Bob's? Bug's come from and spread from many places, and the fact that you had them EVERYWHERE as you said, makes me wonder how exactly you know where they originated from. You can get 'bed bugs' by going camping, going on vacation, they can spread from apartment to apartment - it's not like bugs COME with brand new just made furniture, that does't even make sense.

Bobs Discount Furniture Reviews