5.0

Update by user Oct 21, 2017

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️THEY DONT DESERVE 5 STARS NOT SURE HOW TO FIX THAT ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Original review posted by user Oct 21, 2017

10/21/17 On May 31 2013. I went to Bobs Discount Furniture to look at beds.

I found the bed frame, mattress (Bob-O-Pedic and box spring that I wanted. I also purchased a protected cover (not the full enclosed one but the one that sits or the 4 corners of the bed) and the salesperson also talked me into purchasing “Goof Proof”. So I never thought that I would have anything to worry about because it had a 15 year manufacturing warranty and a 5 year “Goof Proof”. I just moved this Monday for the first time since I got the “Bob-O-Pedic.

I never knew that Bob-O-Pedic mattress itself has a cover that covers the foam mattress enclosed with a zipper and a rubber bottom with holes in it. As I started to unzip the cover the bottom of the mattress is covered in black mold. Only on the bottom side of the mattress nothing is on the top of the mattress. So I took pictures and contacted Bobs customer service.

They told me to contact “Goof Proof”. I contact “Goof Proof” or Guardian and I was told that “Goof Proof” doesn’t cover mattress and I would have to call Bobs customer care. I called Bobs back and explained what “Goof Proof” told me. The woman told me that this was a “serious matter” and Bobs Customer Care was calling the manufacturer of the mattress and someone would get back within 24-48 hours.

I have not heard anything so I decided to go to a Bobs Store. Explained the whole thing again to a sales man that said there is nothing in the system and we all called Bobs Customer Care again. They proceded to tell me that my claim had been “denied” Extremely frustrated I asked to speak to a manager who told me that there was nothing that “they can do” I need to call customer care. On my way home from Bobs Discount Furniture I called Customer Care back and explained the whole thing over again.

After going back and fourth with them I got to speak with “customer service manager Kim” were I explained the situation again and I was told by Kim “that it’s been 4 years and moisture could have been introduced to the mattress within that 4 years” This blew my mind. I have not move the bed since they delivered it. I bought the extra protected cover, goof proof, a bed frame and a box spring not to mention my floors are hardwood and I introduced mold really how is that even possible. I never knew that the foam protective cover came off.

“Kim from customer care also told me I should have noticed it “years ago” Really so to me what Bobs is telling me is that it’s my fault the bed got mold on the bottom of the mattress from me even though I bought a frame, mattress protector and box springs. Oh yeah and goof proof but I caused the mold. Customer care told me I should contact “Fab-U-Tech” they are the people who make the extra mattress cover u buy separately in a clear bag with Bobs face on it. Which my cover I purchase was not the full enclosed zipper one it only covers the top of the bed but I should file a complaint with them.

When who knows if the mold has been there since I bought the bed.

They told me “it’s not Bobs problem and there is nothing they can do” SO THANK YOU BOBS DISCOUNT FOR BEING A COMPLETE FRAUD AND LYING ABOUT CARING FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS AND TALKING THEM INTO BUYING EXTRA PROTECTION THAT COVERS NOTHING. ILL CONTINUE TO GET SICK PROBABLY FROM MY BED THATS FILLED WITH BLACK MOLD WHILE YOU TAKE PEOPLES HARD EARNED MONEY.

Review about: Bobs Discount Furniture Mattress.

Comments

#1419815

Keep the bed elevated and off the floor. Use a boxspring or ventilated raised platform.

No plywood base! If you have an adjustable bed, use a rug mat made from coconut fibers for ventilation.

Keep the bed away from a corner. The more air exposure it gets from all sides, the better.

turn the thermostat DOWN when you sleep.

Get rid of your overfilled, fiber-filled, microfiber, down, and down alternative comforters. They are too heavy and trapping the heat making you sweat more.

Use a LIGHT weight wool, silk, or cotton bedding (above and below you)

Use cotton sheets. If the season is right, use flannel sheets. Wear cotton sleepwear.

Use a waterproof breathable mattress protector under your cotton sheets. If you are getting older, your perspiration may be caused by hormones.

Try some black cohash or evening primrose oil (both from the health food store) to stop the hot flashes and night sweats. You may have to do a number of these to prevent a moldy mattress in the future. You may be better off with a spring mattress being they have 6" or so of air that gets pushed in and out of them with every squeaky move you make. This is not Bob's stores problem to fix for you or Tempurpedic, or any other company that sells any type of foam mattress.

Foam is foam. If you sweat, you will have this problem.

I looks like you and your S.O. are a heavy sweaters when you sleep!!

(there are 2 distinct areas of mold in your pics) ALL mattresses need to breathe. They need air flow. Try a light silk or wool blanket when you sleep to help regulate your body temp. at night.

There are products you can place under your mattress to help with air flow as well. I remember seeing some that were coconut fiber mats used for air flow. I do think that even if you had adequate air flow under, you are sweating way too much from above.

Try the silk or wool comforters and maybe your next mattress should be a flippable one where you should flip it for wear, but in your case, I would flip it every linen change for breathing/moisture! Also consider a thinner mattress with a removable foam topper for comfort

to imo #1417631

The mold is on the underneath there is nothing on the top of the bed

to Anonymous #1418617

the moisture is starting from above (gravity) and sinking below. You have to stop the moisture from above.

The top of your bed dries first. Same thing happens to your carpets when you have them cleaned. The top dries first.

The foam padding underneath is still wet/damp until it dries. If it does not dry quick enough because of poor ventilation, you will grow mold.