Staten Island, New York

Amazing - after all the commercials saying "I stand behind my product", I honestly believe it is nothing more than a scam to get people to buy *** furniture. We purchased a living room set 2 years ago. After a few months, the cushions started to separate and stick out to the sides and the front. We had someone come out and they replaced 2 pieces and told us the "rest were fine" and it shouldn't happen again. WRONG!

Not only did the rest of the couch fall apart in the same way, but even the pieces they REPLACED fell apart! They sent out a technician who told me, point blank, that Bob's KNOWS this set has this problem and there is nothing they can do to fix it. They told me to file a claim with Goof Proof, which I did, only to learn that this is considered a mfgr defect. NO KIDDING!

Bob KNEW this set had a problem and continued to sell it! THEY STILL SELL IT!!

I asked why they still sell this set and was told they have chosen a new supplier so this problem won't happen again. (Heard that before.) I asked, very simply, if indeed they "fixed" the problem, for Bob to stand behind his product, which was clearly defective, and replace the pieces . I didn't want a refund, I just wanted the furniture to be replaced.

The response I got, after speaking with an Account Mgmt Specialist (Kristin) was this:

"If it is outside the 12 month warranty, we cannot help you".

Amazing.. they can sell a piece of *** they call furniture and as long as it holds up for 12 months, they are in the clear. Their motto should read.. "Bob's Discount Furniture, the home of the 12 month couch". How much would you pay for a couch that falls apart after 12 months? How many people expect a couch to fall apart after 12 months??

I'll be looking to file a civil suit on this one. Anyone interested in a class action lawsuit against Bob's for knowingly selling defective furniture?

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Furniture Set.

Comments

bigdaddio45

They made it right. Thank you Bob.

(I mean Eric!) While I wish it was easier, in the end I appreciate what they did. I also wish I could remove this complaint but I guess it is still a lesson and maybe a sign to others that Bob is getting back to making customers happy.

Bob Cares

Hey Bigdaddio,

I'd like to see if I can help resolve your concerns. Please drop me a line at Bobcares@mybobs.com and we'll have someone in touch with you shortly. (please include a link to this complaint if possible)....Thanks, Eric.

Bobs Discount Furniture Reviews