Newark, New Jersey
1.5K views

Bob o pedic Mattress stinks I bought it yesterday and the floor model was much thicker than the pieces I recieved I laid on the matteress and it was spoungy with no support.1 nights sleep and I will try to return to store but the crooks probably wont take it back.The sales man were like wolfs fighting over the sale.Warning stay away from the store.I learned! and I will not recommend Bob prints on the folder with the warrantee you will be happy I dont think so Bob O pedic Is junk Junk JUNK! totowa NJ

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Mattress.

Comments

#203518

We just bought a Bodopedic, we have been using a Select Comfort for the past 3 years. What a piece of *** it is.

We have had to buy and put memory foam pads on top of the air bladders in order to get comfortable. Who needs that?

Just bought a bob o pedic /firm. It's awesome.

At times, I still smell the chemical smell, but I'm hoping it will go away soon. I too had a great sales experience..no pressure..if any thing, our sales lady left us alone too much, making us make are own decisions..she was not pushy at all.

Just received the bob-o-pedic yesterday and once delivery guy removed the wrapping, I was engulfed with toxic fumes. D.G.

says it would air out in 4 hrs.

It was still stinky this a.m., but not as bad as yesterday. Before I return this mattress, can anyone tell me if the synthetic smell does eventually go away?

I bought the Bob o pedic 11" Firm King. Paid $1000 its is extremely close to the tempupedic rhapsody firm king for $3400. I love my Bob o Pedic and will buy another one dor my mom.

:? sorry i have a king bob o pedic and it has a gulley in the middle bought the entire set there valentines day 2010 (worst customer service and experience in have had in a long time)the salesman said i had to buy the foundations as well as the matteress i see why because the bed has only 3 slats i had to get 2 sheets of 3/4" plywood to make it flat the mattress still sucks, i and my wife get back pain and toss all night next mattress will be temprapedic bobs USED TO BE good but the bigger he got the worse he got

I purchased from BOB"S the Euro black spring mattress in king and paid $1552.00 for it I had to sleep on it for 30 days before returning it because it had a big lump in the middle of it where my husband and I did not sleep and where we did sleep it sank in...so ugh being nine months pregnant I have now returned the mattress with no problem from the store n have a new memory foam on the way so we will see... :cry

I purchaced the Tempurpedic-Celebrity bed 19mo. ago and have loved it.

My husband has had 4 spinal surgeries so it was very important to us that we had a comfortable mattress. THEN...I was in a local store and saw the Bobopedic, I thought about it for a very long time before purchasing it, but I did. Now we have the Bobopedic at our summer home and we see absolutely no difference. I paid just under $4000 for the Tempurpedic, and $900 for the Bobopedic.

That is the part that made me ill! Buy the Bobopedic and then you can afford to treat yourself to something else too!

#119273

I'm new to the memory foam, I went down to Foxwoods and spent 2 nights on a tempurpedic. When I got home I knew I needed a new bed.

I had mine since I started living on my own. It's been through a lot. I'm 24 and have been working jobs that have killed my back. I'm too young not to feel like a kid.

The bobopedic regular (firm)queen is enough for me and my gf. *note- the MF matts only work if they are on a hard flat surface. I skipped the foundation and my gf bought a fondation bed somewhere else. I will mod it with a hard topping over the slats to complete it.

I like the matt. Best of luck.

I purchased the bob-o-pedic along with a bedroom set and I did not have anyone pressure me into a thing. I took over a week to buy it and went back a few times and dealt with two different stores and over three or four sales reps before I made my choice. I went to sleepy s, value city and they all sucked. They push you to buy and start to sell you something for $1600+ and tell you they can bring it down to $1200 and if you go for it now it can be dropped even more so please there is no deals there. I tried the temperpedic and I think they felt the same even with other big name foam mattresses out there. why pay $2500 or more for the same thing you can get at bobs for $1000 and it has the same exact warranty? your paying for a name.

I slept on my new set last night using there bob-o-pedic pillows with a new bed set and I had the best night sleep in a long time. My body hasnt fully adjusted to it but I woke up without my back hurting which I have not been able to do for the past few weeks. The mattress to was the exact same one as in the store so I don't know what people are talking about when they say its not the same. Maybe you tried the firm in the store and told them you wanted the plush in that case it would be soft or if you tried the soft in the store and said firm thats why its now not as soft.

Remember firm isn't meant to be soft its mean to fix your back.

I'm very happy with this set after looking around at several makers of the memory foam mattresses including temperpedic and there is no difference but price and name.

I just brought my aunt to buy the bob-o-pedic as suggested by her physical therapist. I have talked to many people who have purchased this bed and love it.

For everyone complaining about this bed not being soft enough, you are *** This is NOT intended to be a soft bed. It should be firm. That is the point. A firm bed is better for your back and the people who receive the most benefit from this bed are people with back pain.

If you are used to a soft mattress, you probably will not like this bed. Intelligent people study up on such purchases so they are prepared to know what they want and get it. As far as customer service goes, I thought they were great. If you want to see a tank of sharks, go to Raymour and Flannigan.

Bottom line, you get what you pay for. For the price, I think the Bob-o-pedic is good. I would even say that it is as good as the brand name, though I would not say the same of many of Bobs products.

Personally speaking, I have a Select Comfort sleep number bed and it is the best mattress I have ever slept on. :p

I had the same problem. Slept on the Bobopedic Lite for three nights and on the third night I awoke with really bad back pain.

Tried to work through it for a couple of days but it became unbearable. I called Bob's and they let me exchange for an innerspring mattress of the same price.

I believe I had to pay an extra $40.00 for the delivery of the new mattress. Horrible product, good customer service in my opinion.

You all, get what you pay for!

Wheb they tell u 2 keep the matt for 30 days is bcuz they want u 2 break it n. The one you felt in the store feels better bcuz a lot of ppl tried it out and it gets broken in that way.

So of course it's gonna feek more soft than yours bcuz the one you have is brand new its coming straight from the warehouse. If u are still not satisfied u get your money back or you can get a new one. How fair ia that???

Try that at a different store and see what they tell u. That its not there problem....u ppl are dummies LMFAO!!!!

bobo p

I thoroughly have to disagree with everyone. I'm a 20 yr old college student and needed a bed for my new apartment so I bought a floor model queen sized bobopedic lite.

I have to say it is singlehandedly the best sleep I've ever gotten i never have to turn over and i pass right out on it. When i bought it it smelled it little funky from the disinfecting agent but thats gone away after a month. I love this bed, it may not be that thick but I've never slept like this before.

My back never hurts anymore and i honestly have more energy during the day. I bought his thing for $179 and it's the best investment I've ever made, highly recommend it

#71988

As an update to my earier post, although no one was able to explain how an imposter mattress arrived on a 'Bob's'delivery truck', my replacement mattress finally arrived today and is the correct item, and was delivered efficiently and without incident.

In defense of Bob's customer service department, I must say that I cannot complain here. Everyone that I dealt with at Bob's were, for the most part, patient, pleasant and helpful.

Signed,

No-longer-Pissed-off

It is interesting to read that Bob's might be sending out 'stripped down' versions of their 'Bob-O-Pedic' line. I bought a Celestial and when it arrived, it was just like the one I sampled in the store. But, one of the delivery guys damaged it with his box cutter. Immediately, with the crew there, I called CS and they said no problem, they would send out a replacement. 2 weeks later the 'replacement' arrived. It was not as thick as the one I have and there wasn't the Bob-O-Pedic logo stamped all over it. The delivery crew is showing me the tag and insisting that it is the same mattress. They laid it out on the frame and it felt nothing like the one I have. I refused it and again, with the crew there, called CS and explained that although it 'resembled' the Celestial, it was not the same mattress, "No way, No How!" (Sorry, couldn't resist the pun)

This week I spoke to numerous CSR's, and one of them AllanB said that, "well, they stopped making the Celestial with the logo all over it". I called my salesman at the Totowa store and they had no record of that being the case. (Don’t get me wrong the folks at the Totowa store have been helpful.)

Long story short, now that they know my mattress has been damaged, they, CS, tell me my 20-year warranty is void. If I accept the 'imposter' mattress then I'm faced with the suspicion that the mattress I sampled in the store is not the same mattress they ship to the customer, which means that in some kind of fluke, the warehouse shipped me a store model??

I have the choice of keeping my (cosmetically) damaged mattress (which has been great) and accept that it is no longer under warranty, (and from what I’m reading here, could be a real problem later on) or accept an 'imposter’ and hate it.

One last comment, as this issue continues in negotiation, Bob's has offered a 're-selection', so I might just get the difference refunded and go with the Bob-O-Pedic non Celestial. (That is if they give me a refund). Let me comment that all of the persons I spoke to in the store and CS have been helpful, so I cannot slight Bob's in any way in that category.

Have I unearthed a ‘bait and switch' here with Bob’s Discount Furniture Bob-O-Pedic mattresses?

Just got the toxic Bob-o-matic twin and had it in the apt. for a week with an air cleaner running at full.

The outgassing of this product is horrible, burns your throat and I can't believe anyone can sleep on them! Store won't take back until we have it outgassing in our apt for 30 days.

RIP-OFF. Don't buy it.

Bought a Bob-O-Pedic lite for my son and he loves it. The delivery men went above and beyond when they delivered it. It was very difficult getting the foundation into his room due to the location of the door and it was looking like they would not be able to get it in but they persevered and my son is a very happy person.

I purchased a Bob-O-Pedic firm and love it. I just got one for my daughter and she loves it.

My niece bought the Tempurpedic and I cannot tell the difference when I lay on her bed. She says she can and that's what matters. I think Bob's is fine for the mattress.

The sofa I bought? THE PITS!!

Bobs Discount Furniture Reviews