Derry, New Hampshire

I had a rude awakening on Bob's Discount Furniture's warranty. My Pillow Top cover for the Bob-O-Pedic developed bunching (The tech measured over 3 inches of this bunching that ran across the mattress). He then called Customer Service and mentioned that the mattress cover had some minor stains on it, and handed the phone to me to talk with the Customer Service Rep, while he quickly booked out of there. The Customer Service Rep told me that if there are any stains on the mattress, the warranty is voided. I informed her that stains are not the issue, just the 3 inch bunch going across the bed. Might as well have been talking to a brick wall as I again got the response – stains present warranty voided – and do I want to talk to the Supervisor. Sure I did, and I got the same *** from her as well (must be part of their Customer Service training).

So I removed the top portion of the mattress which exposed a visco-elastic pad and am now using that under our mattress pad.

So I am going to copy this and send it to all my email contacts to warn them about what they can expect if they ever shop at Bob's Discount Furniture Store. I certainly will never purchase anything there again.

Hey Bob! Are you reading these complaints? Remember if you do something good, someone will tell another person. If you do something bad, they will tell 10 others.

Since I have more than 10 people in my email address list and I feel I have been wronged, you now have 40-50 people reading this. And I am letting them know that they have my blessings to forward it to anyone in their list as well.

Maybe in the future you will understand what real Customer Service is all about.

George "Skip" Rollins

Salem, NH

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Mattress.

Comments

Blazer71

I have to say that this is extremely interesting. My wife is Swedish and she has been pushing for a tempur-pedic mattress for a long time; but the cost is so prohibitive that we were considering checking out alternatives.

It would be nice to hear of others who have bought this product and are satisfied, perhaps your experience was just an anomaly, although I think the service aspect may be a trend.

I am a believer in you get what you pay for, but that never excuses poor service. Thank you for taking the time to upload your experience.

I'm not surprised. Having visited a Bob's Discount Furniture store when I was shopping for a sectional, it became readily apparent that the furniture quality left something to be desired.

Case in point, they stitch the back of many of their seating surfaces into their units to save on material.

So with a Bob-O-Pedic, you can be sure that it's not a repackaged Tempur-Pedic. Note that Bob also owns the Bob's Stores clothing chain.

Good for you spreading the bad word. They're opening a new store within a few miles of me and I'll never go in.

It seems that more and more companies now have a policy of cheating people. I will never do business with Verizon, as long as I can help it.

Bobs Discount Furniture Reviews