Providence, Rhode Island

Update by user Jun 25, 2012

thanks. After much back and forth, with help from this website, our piece was delivered.

For future reference, the savings were not woth the aggravation. I recently bought a piece from Cardi\'s in Warwick and couldn\'t believe the difference in staff attitude towards their customers.

Original review posted by user May 24, 2012

Late in March, on a Saturday evening we visited Bob's Furniture in Warwick, RI. We picked out a recliner, a side table and a hassock.

I explained to the Sales rep that I needed to get the size measurement of the recliner and table to make sure they would fit. He said no problem. He checked with the warehouse for availability, gave me his card and suggested I call the next day and we could finalize the purchase over the phone. I called Sunday, as soon as the store opened.

The table wouldn't fit, but we wanted to order the chair and table. Our sales rep had called in sick and no one could find his notes. We managed to figure it out with a new clerk, but she told us the Hassock was back ordered and wouldn't be available until May 23rd. We weren't happy, based on being told the day before that it was in stock, but agreed and placed the order.

As it got closer to the delivery date, I found that I had a conflict in the morning, but would be available from noon, on.

Naturally, Bob's was scheduling us for AM delivery, so I rescheduled for Thursday - 2 days later. I hadn't heard from their scheduling office by 5 PM on the day before delivery so I called. Because I had ordered over the phone, I had no receipt or customer number to use their on-line lookup and had to talk to a live person in their customer service dept. It took forever to get through and then it took her a long time to find my record.

She politely informed me that the item was on back-order and wouldn't be available until some time in July. I asked what happened to the one they were going to deliver on Tuesday and she said that "because that had been on the truck all day, they couldn't sell it as new and it had been returned to the 'pit''. In my nievity, I asked why someone couldn't go to the pit and retrieve it.

"Oh, that would be against policy!" In my frustration, I asked if it would be possible to talk with Bob. She replied, "Oh, he doesn't talk to customers"!, and that in a nutshell is probably what's wrong with Bob's Discount Furniture.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Table.

Comments

Bob Cares

I'm sorry to hear about the unanticipated wait. I'd like to see what I can do to assist. If you'd email us at Bobcares@mybobs.com we'll be in touch shortly...Thanks, Eric.

Bobs Discount Furniture Reviews