Bobs Discount Furniture - Bob's Delivery/Service

To whom it may concern (or even Care);

You can define a Company, by it's overall Customer-Service... I've Managed; Call-Centers, Network Operations Centers, Wall-Street GSOC Centers and simply "Customer Service" Centers... Yet trying to reach someone at Bob's, w/ a Sense of Empathy, knowledge of Store Procedures and a strong grasp on Customer Satisfaction, is near-to-none!

When you purchase furniture... you experience a sense of relief, simply in relying that you have the Comfort in knowing your furniture is New and Reliable...

Unfortunately my whole sales experience went from pleasant, to irritable w/ the Delivery! Despite overcoming the disappointment in the pieces not arriving together... My Furniture arrived some parts broken, color mismatch, not fitting flush... I was asked to call during delivery and received an "Automated Bob Voice"? I went the next day to my local Store Manager w/ Pictures and I was asked to call and "Schedule" a "Technician" to come-out and evaluate (possibly patch) my furniture?

May not be much money for some Bob's Board of Directors or Executives, but for Me (an Engineer) I spent $3000 that day, cash!? I even Paid extra for Delivery and assumed everything was scheduled/handled!?

I waited 2 additional weeks for my Bed Frame and Mattress to come, the local Manager said he would simply replace my furniture, and he personally scheduled it to arrive together w/ my Bed... However on that Delivery date, the Drivers wanted to just "pick-up" my Furniture!? Really!? When I called and asked to speak to a Manager (no Manager was available, Open Store w/ NO Manager present) spoke w/ a Supervisor and worst I wasn't aware that they expected to have me wait a few days to replace them "IF" I allowed them to take the Furniture? Wow!

So, I paid my Delivery, Paid my Furniture, paid for a warranty, YET "STILL" sitting w/ my Broken Furniture, No call-back from Managers (spoke w/ a Supervisor), No Clue on defined and/or correct Delivery Date!

Bob's has a HUGE disconnect from your Point of Sales, to Delivery!

I still went to Bob's despite, the Bad Blogs, Bad Reviews and poor Customer Service genre... I guess I had to experience it 1st hand, Talk about Customer Satisfaction!

Highly Disappointed (Totowa, NJ Location) Bob's Furniture Store Customer Causality!

1. Need to set-up a "Follow-up" Customer Service Desk/Crew,

2. Have the crew to do gradual Courtesy Calls

3. Implement an Escalation chart... and flow-chart

4. Set a procedure and simply train the local Store Managers on basic "Universal" Protocols

5. Make a Client feel pleased from the sale point (No just refreshments and broken promises) all the way through to delivery and warranty follow-up's!

6. Take random Surveys! email, phone-calls, drop-box!!!

Example Blogs of Customers;

You have my $, So what now, why care right?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 4 Yes 4 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 25, 2012 #415896

We've shopped Bob's for several pieces of furniture & have had nothing but great results. Sorry to hear this happened to you.

0 0 Reply
Bob Cares

Jan 25, 2012 #415804

Hi Sabanum,
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our company. I'd like to make this right for you. Please contact me at with your order information so that I may access your account. Thanks, Eric

0 0 Reply

Jan 25, 2012 #415759

So sorry to hear same thing is happening to me, and you can't ever get anyone to help. I paid 1500 for the bedroom set and delivery and I have taken off 2 days unpaid and I expect to at least loose 2 more days. I am never shopping there again

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Bobs Discount Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Bobs Discount Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about