Tenafly, New Jersey

I purchased a living room (leather sectional) set from Bob's Discount Furniture in their Nanuet, New York location about three (3) months ago. At the time of purchase I paid $2,000.00 plus additional monies for their goof proof warranty/guarantee policy.

I recently noticed that on a section of the sofa a huge stain has developed on the leather. I called customer service which was not very helpful with my complaint in the beginning, and with persistence they finally agreed to send a repair person to evaluate the condition of the sofa. I was shocked and dismayed when the repair person told me that my couch will not be replaced or repaired, even with the goof proof warranty/guarantee because the stain my couch has is not covered, because according to him "the stain is due to my hair products". I asked him "hair products", he answered yes "hair products, shampoo, conditioner and hair sprays; this may have caused the stain and therefore Bob's is not liable".

In the years of using the same shampoo and conditioner I have never and I quote never have gotten stains not even on my pillows due to my "hair products". I immediately called the store and after much persuasion they agreed to send another repair person to evaluate my sofa set again in two (2) weeks. I feel like I was duped out of my hard earned money by Bob's Discount Furniture. I felt confident in my purchase, but after my recent encounters and problems with my new furniture that is only about three (3) months old, I am very disappointed and angered.

I have researched this company and have read hundreds of complaints like mines and also with the same issue of the goof proof warranty/guarantee that they never honor. Customer Service is uncooperative; the home reps they send are aloof, just as uncooperative and not helpful.

This company should be stopped for their false advertising, false warranty/guarantee and repeatedly ripping off hard working consumers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Furniture Set.

Comments

I am having the same issue with my Leather Chair that is six months old. They say it is not covered also.