Newark, New Jersey

Update by user Jul 08, 2011

This is my second update to an initial negative review. Bob\'s Furniture made good on their promise to replace my love seat and I took delivery this week.

Delivery was on schedule and the replacement unit was new and in perfect shape. I have increased my rating of Bob\'s to 5 stars since they went out of their way to make sure I was happy. The customer service rep who originally called me to try to resolve the issue, called again after delivery to follow up and make sure I was happy with the replacement. They new about this original bad review but never even asked me to reconsider and update it.

I have done this on my own. I can now say that I would return as a customer and I can recommend them to others.

Update by user Jun 29, 2011

Just wanted to update my original negative review of Bob\'s Furniture. Shortly after posting to this and one other similar site, I received a communication from Bob\'s Customer service and they are resolving this issue. So kudo\'s to Bob\'s for taking customer complaints seriously and also to this site for helping to get a resolution.

Original review posted by user Jun 29, 2011

I am very unsatisfied with Bob's Furniture customer service. I have a leather love seat under warranty and also with goof proof which has a seam on the seat cushion that opened.

I setup a customer service call. The tech who worked on it sewed the the seam which had maybe a 1 inch opening. He sewed it ok but did not go to the very end and was a few stitches too short. I pointed this out to him but he claimed it was all he can do.

He put me on hold with customer service and said I can let them know I was dissatisfied and he left. He came to my house about 4 hours past the end of the scheduled window which was around 6:00pm so I could tell he was in a hurry to get on his way and not finish the job. I waited on hold for a customer service rep for a long time and was disconnected several times as well. Finally the rep got on and I explained the situation.

She was very nice and scheduled another appointment for me for June 29. I arranged to *** the day from work. I remembered that I never received a phone confirmation of the appointment so I checked the delivery tracker online and it indicated no appointment. I called customer service and waited on hold for 30 minutes only to find out that the person that scheduled the appointment forgot to do something in the computer system and my appointment was never scheduled correctly and no one would be coming out.

I asked to speak with a manager and was again put on a long hold and just hung up and decided to send them a message instead.

This is really poor customer service. I even paid extra for goof proof although this claim is under the standard warranty because the furniture was purchased only 6 months ago.

overall 2 stars - 3 for the furniture and 1 for customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Warranty.

Comments

Could you please let us know when they fix it????