Norristown, Pennsylvania

NEVER ORDER FURNITURE FROM BOB'S DISCOUNT!!!!!!! On September 5th we went to Bob's to purchase a set of furniture.

We were told the full set of 3 pieces would be available for delivery on September 18th. A few days before the 18th we received a phone call with a delivery window of 10AM - 2PM. Within 24hrs we received a second phone call advising us that our 3rd piece (a chaise) would not be available on the 18th as originally stated and would have to come in a second delivery. We said this was fine.

Damien took off work to wait at home today. By 2PM no one had showed. When logging on to the store's tracking website it told us our furniture was "delivered". Damien called the customer service line who also told him the furniture had been delivered.

He explained that it had not and she told him that we must have had the wrong delivery time. Apparently our delivery window had been changed to 2:30PM - 6:30PM. I followed up with a phone call to a manager and received a reimbursement of our delivery charge. By 6PM still nobody had showed.

I called AGAIN (call #3) and asked to confirm that the truck was on its way. The rep assured me that the truck would be coming tonight after it's delivery before us in NJ. An hour and a half later, still no furniture. I call again (call #4) and the rep tells me that there was an email out at 5PM that our furniture was never put on the truck.

I had called at 6PM... why was this never mentioned to me? I was put on with a manager who proceeded to tell me that they could reschedule a delivery for the following week with no real apology. We drove directly to the store down the street and spoke to a manager there who apologized and told me "he ordered furniture and received it right on time this past Monday" GREAT FOR YOU.

The conversation ended with him telling us he'd send some emails and see if he could arrange a delivery for tomorrow instead. I've since received communication that our manifest was placed on one truck with our furniture on another. This was realized at 5PM and nobody thought to notify us?! They are now "trying" to get us a delivery tomorrow morning but "cannot guarantee it and do not want to mislead us".

I have never been so disgruntled by a company before.

Their lack of respect for their customer's is disgraceful. I STRONGLY urge you not to give them a dime of your money unless you enjoy being inconvenienced.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Furniture Set.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments