Red Bank, New Jersey
1.1K views

I have a dual reclining sofa from Bob's. I called to schedule a repair when one of the recliner "ripcord" handles ripped off in my hand during normal use.

They said they'd ship the part to me and I'd have to call once it arrives - then they'll send someone out. It was supposed to take 6 weeks. That was fine, as long as it got fixed. 2+ months later, I call to see where the part is and they neglected to notify me that it was not available.

At this point they said I can call Guardsman for an insurance claim or I can order the part from the vendor for $30. I paid a couple hundred bucks for them to ask me to buy the "covered" replacement part myself??? I called the store manager and he said there's nothing he can do. All he could try was to email customer service.

That's great.

When I purchased the furniture I was told that I'd just call the 800 number and everything would be taken care of. Now I have to jump through all these hoops, after being told to pay for it myself, to get what I paid for in the first place.

I will definitely, definitely never shop at Bob's again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Sofa.

Comments

Guardian insurance doesn't cover what they say they do.. Bobs should stand behind their furniture like they advertise they do!!!

I've had numerous problems that were never resolved!!!

Same exact experience!!

I called the Better Business bureau when I got the same run around. It is amazing how Bob's fixed my recliner.

Bobs Discount Furniture Reviews