Flushing, New York
2.0

Bob's Discount Furniture Customer Service is the worst!

DO NOT BUY ANY POWER LIFT CHAIRS FROM THEM!!!!! BE WARNED!!!!

I purchase a power lift recliner for my ailing grandmother. She has passed away 3 years ago and the power lift recliner is no about 5 years old. Recently the remote was step on and one of the two button is broken. Bob's furniture did send out a technician as a courtesy and the technician did verified the control wand is broken and a replacement wand will set be back $95. Since my grandfather is now using the recliner, I opt to purchase the control wand thru Bob's discount furniture.

Their parts department took over 2 weeks to get in touch with me and I verified with them that the correct part will be send to my home. So a week passed and I got the part but the part department send the incorrect control wand. I called Bob's furniture and luckily a technician was in the neighborhood was able to come verified that they send to wrong part on that same day I call them. The technician call them directly to and state the wrong part was sent. The customer care rep told me the part department will give me a call the following Wednesday. I didnt get a call until Friday, when I was on a short trip. I did call them back on Monday (we are now going on 4 weeks here) and they told me that the cost will be another $130 which will bring the total to $220.. When I heard this, and ask why it cost so much, they told me since they don't make the control wand no longer and that to get the control wand to work, I will need to purchase a brand new motor.

So their resolution is to replace everything, because they couldn't get the correct control wand (which is why they sent the wrong one) and in order to get the new control wand to work, I would need to replace a perfectly working fine motor. How is that logical. to fix a control wand I need to replace everything. The recliner cost around $700 so to pay for $220 it seem like i have to re-purchase 1/3 the cost of the chair.. When I tried to their supervisor on the phone, the rep told me there is nothing he can do either and that buying the new motor is my only option. When I ask if I can return the new control wand, she put me on hold to see if that is possible.. How is this deem a questionable issue. If they send me the wrong part, shouldn't it is a given I will need to return it for a full refund? WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVERY!!! DO NOT BUY FROM BOB'S DISCOUNT FURNITURE EVERY!!! Bob's Discount Furniture Customer Service is the worst!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Furniture Set.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Bobs Discount Furniture Cons: Customer service.

Comments