Bobs Discount Furniture - Bob's Discount Furniture "Goof Proof" FAIL!!!
I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty.The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired.
I contacted them, thinking my Goof Proof protection plan would get me replacement cushions. A technician came out, took pics of the damage, and I spoke to a rep who gave me a number to call. I called and went thru extensive questioning about the type of damage my sofa sustained, only to be told the peeling on my couch isn't covered in the protection plan that I paid for- they only cover "accidental rips, tears, and punctures" and that my peeling leather is a manufacturer warranty. When I contacted Bob's Discount Furniture, they offered me the chance to buy new cushions!
I have recommended lots of people to Bob's as I liked the furniture, it is comfortable and I fully expected it to last. My ex-mother in law, bought a bedroom set because of my recommendation.
And now, I have this problem that I have to spend more money to fix.It's unacceptable.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Purchased couch and love seat at Bobs furniture in Stoughton Maabout 4 years ago, also purchased the goof proof warranty.We paid almost $2000 for the set that they claim came..."
- "I bought a sectional from bobs with goof proof. It started ripping off in 1 yr and the guardian company which is their insurance says they don't take care of..."
- "I ordered some furniture from Bob's and caught the delivery driver trying to hide some damage. after talking to customer care she stated they would send a tech to repair..."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "After getting through their phone system I finally got to a human. I ordered a timing chain set for my van that was claimed to be a Cloyes Gear &..."
- "Big man Lane recliner, went to recline and spring busted flew across room and just missed my flat screen, & my big window. WG&R where I bought it will not..."
- "I bought into the selling on line concept. When I started the course I found very old web pages that they use to train you. They start with e-bay and..."
- "I ordered 3 items. I received the coffe cup fairly quickly, and the dog trainer bracelet approximately a week later. My 3rd item was a pair of black leggings with..."
- "This place is a straight rip off! They do not stand by their work, and could give two sh*ts about the customer. Trust me, what you see is not even..."