Wayne, New Jersey

I bought a power reclining chair at Bob's, paid $49 for their "Goof Proof Warranty" and was told by the salesman "if anything happens to the chair within 5 years, it will be replaced." In less than 3 months the chair broke, the arm rest separated from the back and is lower. I did nothing to the chair, it just happened.

Bob's says that they are not responsible because it is not a factory defect, etc. The 5 year goof proof protection company is saying that they are not responsible because it was not caused by a single incident so it has to be wear and tear. Do you want to buy from a company in which wear and tear in less than 3 months is acceptable?

So they are telling me that I am stuck with a chair that they could not make well enough to last 3 months. Where is the pride, where is the care for customers, in this case certainly not at Bob's.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Warranty.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let them replace the chair with another or full refund.

Comments

Bobs is robbing people by telling people to extend the warranty to 5 years, In fact they are lying to people there is no more that 1 year warranty on all there products. Don't let them sucker you in buying the 5 year warranty Bobs will never honor it I can say that for a fact.

Its a disturbing ordeal that after a few years when you have a problem and than find out you were suckered in buying useless warranty.

More people should get together and Have a Class Action Lawsuit against Bobs scamming people.

I'd be interested to know how they define factory defect. If falling apart in 3 months is not a defect, that means it was designed to fall apart, which is probably close to the truth.

scgbiz2

I replied to Eric at BobCares@MyBobs.com and he took care of the problem, they picked up the chair and I got a full refund. Pissed Off Consumer worked for me and Bob's does have a dept.

that understands what proper customer service is all about. Thank you Eric.

scgbiz2

Bob's replied to my post with:

I apologize that our Customer Care office wasn't able to provide you with a satisfactory resolution. Please contact us at BobCares@MyBobs.com and I'm sure we can help.

Thanks ~ Eric.

I contacted Eric immediately and he still has not responded, I'd like proof that Bob cares.

Bob Cares