Holliston, Massachusetts
1.1K views 20 comments

Bob's service was terminable from the beginning.I purchased a tv/dresser night stand and head board.On the delivery of the furniture the nihtstand had a broken corner and they said they would order a new top.I refused and asked to have a new stand delivered.It cam in two weeks.To find out when the furniture was delivered it also had a guest BEDBUGS.This gets bigger than you would like.They where in two bedrooms making us itch like crazy.I had to remove all articles off the walls and bag everything in the rooms.It took money and time.I had to dispose of two mattresses and box springs$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I called and talked to Judy Johnson 860-474-1200x020305at Bobs(corporate office) and she informed me that only mattresses carry the bugs and they could not have come from Bobs.She read that off a Terminex web sight I spoke with my new friend the exterminator for $800.He believes the bugs came from Bobs on the furniture.I haven't slept at home for 5 weeks and just purchased a mattress for $700.My grand total for Bobs is $800 for the exterminator and 700 for the mattress and It is not easy putting a dollar sign on all the time for three people emptying closets and bill boxes beds and ext.They will have to talk to me for a while on the phone or small claims court.

Review about: Bobs Discount Furniture Mattress.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Had an Experience with Bobs Discount Furniture?

Comments

Lisa

I got a new bedroom set for my son.I was disappointed to see little bumps on his furniture, but it was last year and I didn't notice (he is a teen) Then I got an entertainment center.

It seemed ok. Then I got a couch set. OK again. This year I saw this bed bug issue and though...maybe not a big problem.

I went to the store with my hubby while he was home on leave..and we decided to buy a big king size 1,200 bed. I asked about the problem with bed bugs. THe girl barely spoke english and kept insisting NOT a problem. We have had this about a month maybe..and my son has little bites all over him.

BOTH sons do. and I have a few. Nothing in a line though, like I have seen. I have looked on the bed.

THe only thing I see is the little holes on the wood like my sons bed.

Am I in trouble.??Scared to death :(

Anthony scala

Bobs is the worse place tp buy junk..burn it in a fireplace kids make it 3worlds away.....Runnnnnnn

Jeffrey

Hello everyone, I have joined the Bobs Discount Furniture bed bug broken dream team. I am typing out all of your stories to present my case to the Bobs Discount furniture staff and possibly a court of law if necessary; using your stories as evidence that this is an on going problem. On March 6, 2011, I purchased a sofa and love seat from Bobs Discount Furniture in Natick MA. These products did not arrive until April 1, 2011. It recently came to our attention that the couch was loaded with bed bugs. We hired an exterminator to come *** the situation and his professional opinion was that the bed bugs were only located in the couches and no where else throughout the house. Also, based on the evolution and size of the bed bugs that it is very likely the bed bugs came with the furniture. Not only am I going to pursue this issue to its fullest extent, I am also going to try and get the Massachusetts Health Department involved. If this is an ongoing problem, then why is Bobs Discount Furniture allowed to continue to sell furniture that destroys the lives of it consumers? I am asking for some light contact information from all of you so that if some officials need to contact you they can. If you are willing to assist could you please email your first name and email address to AirforceJG@hotmail.com. This would be greatly appreciated.

-Jeffrey

to Jeffrey #1289206

My daughter purchased a couch and just found out her apartment is infested with bed bugs. They came to inspect and found out they originated from the couch.

D

Purchased furniture from Bobs n in the truck there was a dirty mattress infested with bed bugs. I told them to take the furniture back where it came from. I called customer service n was given the run around.

mom of six

:upset :cry :zzz :upset :zzz :cry :?

I have the same story house hold of 7 2 adults 5 kids in 2008-09 we bought a sectional style couch and table from Bedbug Bobs (as I now refer to it) we paid almost 2,000 with everything with in a few weeks I was getting eating alive With research we found out bed bugs the couch being the worst lets not forget the 3 bedrooms!I dropped off my kids to my mother in law crying in fear :cry we bombed bombed bombed we banged our heads to try to track were they were comming from :? Well we would get them to seem to be gone with about every couple weeks they would come back and we would have to start over again VERY EXPENSIVE total at end around a wopping 1,000 or even more Well we finally relized we needed to throw out the couch for it was ALWAYS the worst!!!

We bombed again and finally GONE YEA it was about 7 mnths since then well we...

FULL even what we had to pay to get them gone you no it is not an easy thing well now we have to replace 2 beds more $$$$ we are in this now for about almost 5,000 if not more All that because there prices are lower!!!:upset :upset

Kevin
#206855

My wife and I purchased bunkbeds from Bob's Discount furniture and also got bedbugs from their furniture.It could not have been the mattresses because we used the mattresses on my children's old beds.

Lo and behold bedbugs infested my children's room and made their way into my bedroom. We are going to throw the beds out and search for new furniture.

With extermination costs around 1,500.00 and the purchase of new beds and the infested beds from Bob's this whole ordeal will not only cost me over 5,000.00 but the time I have to take to wash every article of clothing is beyond belief.I see we are not the only one's impacted by this store.

Big ***

1st off the mattress isn't warrantied for life that's BS 2nd bedbugs can come from any store, all it takes is for a person with bedbugs to order a new mattress and have the same tuck that delivered the new 1 take away the old one away.. Now there are bedbugs on the truck, whats to stop them from spreading, so whats spending 2000.00 on a mattress @ Sleepy's resolving?

LetsGetEven

I had the same experience.

At this time I’m interested in joining with others customers who have had a similar experience. Please build the courage to voice your concerns and join together to do something about this. Let’s get what is owed to us, please join me.

Larimar1274@gmail.com

LetsGetEven

I had the same experience.

Larimar1274@gmail.com