Boston, Massachusetts

I purchased a table, 6 chairs and a server unit from Bob's Furniture on April 12, 2011 and they were delivered to my home May 20, 2011. On June 16, 2011 I called Bob's Furniture to report a defect in the table and server.

There was black rubbing off of both the table and server, damaging clothing and leaving anything that touched the table with black residue on it. At that time I scheduled an appt. for the next available opening which I was told was June 28th. At that time I requested an afternoon appt and was told that was fine.

I received the confirmation call the night before and was told my appt time was between 8:30-10:30. I called the scheduling department to find out why it was a morning appt. and was told it was never entered into the computer and would need to reschedule. At this time the next available appt.

was July 12. A service tech came and told me the table was defective as well as the server and that this is a known defect with this set. They were not sealed properly and the grouting was coming out of the seams. I was told they would replace the table and the server but I would need to wait a few weeks for delivery and also to expect the same defect in the new set.

A new table and server arrived July 22, 2011. The table arrived with a crack in it with the grouting exposed. The delivery people also acknowledged that this was the third table today for the same defect and this is a known defect. At this point they called customer service and explained the issue and that I was refusing delivery of the damaged product.

I was then told by the service manager, Tiffany, after I told her I wanted a refund and no longer wanted to receive this product that I was only eligible for a merchandise credit because the original table was not reported within the first 3 days of initial delivery. As was explained to me by the service representative was that after a couple weeks of use the sealant wears off and then the manufacturing defect appears.

With this being said there is no way to detect this defect within 3 days. So therefore Bob's Discount Furniture is telling me they NEVER have problems with this set and I can only have a store credit, I will NOT be getting a refund.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Table.

Comments

Dispute the charge with your credit card company. Explain the issue and tell them you want a refund for defective merchandise.

Bob's may turn around and give you a refund to avoid this problem.

If not, the credit card company will chase after them. Also, report them to the BBB.

if you used your own credit card contact them and file a charge back.if not file a small claims case.in most states tbere are consumer lemon laws.

Bobs Discount Furniture Reviews