8.6K views

I have been a Bob's customer for several years and have spent nearly $10,000 furnishing my homes. I have almost always purchased the goof proof plan for peace of mind. One time I had to call them up and file a claim on a dresser I bought because it got scratched, they did a less than satisfactoy job at making the repair, but that is another story.

Recently I was at the Bob's Discount furniture store in Stoughton, MA looking at buying a new sofa. I was hesitant because I have a 1 year old black lab and didn't want to have the new furniture ruined, we were looking to purchase leather. Talking to Diane, the sales woman, my wife and I told her about the puppy and our concerns. At that time, we were handed a pamphlet that had a big check mark showing that goof proof covered rips, tears, cuts, burns, & punctures (no asterix next to it or fine print). We asked specifically if pet damages were covered, the sales woman told us YES, and did not go into any further detail. Since we THOUGHT we were covered, we bought the furniture along with the goof proof plan.

Fast forward to today...several months have gone by and last week my lab tore a hole in the back cushion of the sofa. I called to file a claim and have it repaired. While on the phone with the claim office, they told me that this damage is pet related and was not covered. I said, "Yes it is, I have the pamphlet right here and it says rips, tears, etc is covered!" Her reply was, "Well do you have the other paperwork handy?" I did, and she directed me to the fine print 3/4 the way down the sheet that excludes damage from pets...I was furious.

I am victim of Bob's Discount Furniture! I called the saleswoman and she insisted that she told my wife and I that pet damages were not covered. However, we both recall the conversation vividly since this was our main concern buying new furniture. Diane, our saleswoman, was useless...so I asked to speak with her manager, Oscar. Oscar was cordial at first, but it was clear he wasn't going to go out of his way to assist. He said he would reach out to customer care and see what they could do. By the way, it was very reassuring (starcasm) to hear him say right off the bat, "I will see what I can do IF ANYTHING AT ALL.." That's not a very good way to keep a customer happy. I reiterated that I have spent alot of money at Bob's Furniture over the years. Well, one, two, three, four days go by and I hear NOTHING back from Oscar, the Stoughton, MA store manager. I called the store and finally get him on the phone. He says, "Oh yea, I remember you called last week, let me see if they (customer care) ever responded to my e-mail." Long in short is he said they responded and are not willing to assist in any way. I felt like I got absolutely hosed by Bob's Furniture...all of this business I have given them and the money I spent there and that was the way I was treated.

I am confident that the fine print was never brought up by Diane our saleswoman, and furious at the way I have been treated. I will NEVER shop at another Bob's Furniture again, that is for certain.

TO ALL - BEWARE OF THEIR FINE PRINT AND SCHEMES!!! THEY ARE CROOKS!

Review about: Bobs Discount Furniture Customer Care.

Had an Experience with Bobs Discount Furniture?

Comments

I bought a Libra II sectional less than 2yrs old.The other night while watching a movie I heard a crackling sound and then I felt the sofa sink a few inches.

Turns out the front frame broke. Called good proof and their automated prompts directed me to bobs (how convenient). The associate claims they called good proof for me and said it was NOT an accident and it's not covered. Like other people hear we got the run around, I will Never buy from here again!

Looks like I will be going to home depot for a 2"x8"x6'..do my own rigging warranty.

Lincolnshire, Illinois, United States #1231374

thanks for that sorry it happend i wont buy either

Call Bob!!!!! Or write a letter to BOB!! I guarnteee they will resolve it!

Saugus, Massachusetts, United States #1199310

Bag company promise I can't believe that company because never fix my sofa

Lynn, Massachusetts, United States #1199308

This company is so bad his see pay or fixing and not true never call back or fix

Lynn, Massachusetts, United States #1199305

Ellos son terrible *** su coverts dice que pagan cualquier accident pero solo cogen el dinero que unos paga y no areglan nada son unos mentirosos att acevedo r.

Saugus, Massachusetts, United States #1199302

They say they'll cover you for 5 years and my sofa had juice on it and the plan of them covering me says if a sofa has juice on it on accident the'll fix or pay for it and I've called for more than 2 years and they hesitate to fix it or don't even come and they say there gonna call back and that there gonna send an email but never do or fix it or anything but they do take the money for 5 years that's all they do, the plan is very bad you cannot relie on them and there sofas are bad quality.

Read your policy before filing a claim. You should have said you sat down and a rivet in your jeans made the tear.

Had a very similar situation happen to me in Woburn, MA. I think a class action suit may be in order.

Just had the exact same scenario. Did you sue? I'm thinking 93a if they don't cover or credit GoofProof expense back to me