Bobs Discount Furniture - Bob's Goof Proof Scam

834 of 1388 Bobs Discount Furniture reviews

I have been a Bob's customer for several years and have spent nearly $10,000 furnishing my homes. I have almost always purchased the goof proof plan for peace of mind. One time I had to call them up and file a claim on a dresser I bought because it got scratched, they did a less than satisfactoy job at making the repair, but that is another story.

Recently I was at the Bob's Discount furniture store in Stoughton, MA looking at buying a new sofa. I was hesitant because I have a 1 year old black lab and didn't want to have the new furniture ruined, we were looking to purchase leather. Talking to Diane, the sales woman, my wife and I told her about the puppy and our concerns. At that time, we were handed a pamphlet that had a big check mark showing that goof proof covered rips, tears, cuts, burns, & punctures (no asterix next to it or fine print). We asked specifically if pet damages were covered, the sales woman told us YES, and did not go into any further detail. Since we THOUGHT we were covered, we bought the furniture along with the goof proof plan.

Fast forward to today...several months have gone by and last week my lab tore a hole in the back cushion of the sofa. I called to file a claim and have it repaired. While on the phone with the claim office, they told me that this damage is pet related and was not covered. I said, "Yes it is, I have the pamphlet right here and it says rips, tears, etc is covered!" Her reply was, "Well do you have the other paperwork handy?" I did, and she directed me to the fine print 3/4 the way down the sheet that excludes damage from pets...I was furious.

I am victim of Bob's Discount Furniture! I called the saleswoman and she insisted that she told my wife and I that pet damages were not covered. However, we both recall the conversation vividly since this was our main concern buying new furniture. Diane, our saleswoman, was useless...so I asked to speak with her manager, Oscar. Oscar was cordial at first, but it was clear he wasn't going to go out of his way to assist. He said he would reach out to customer care and see what they could do. By the way, it was very reassuring (starcasm) to hear him say right off the bat, "I will see what I can do IF ANYTHING AT ALL.." That's not a very good way to keep a customer happy. I reiterated that I have spent alot of money at Bob's Furniture over the years. Well, one, two, three, four days go by and I hear NOTHING back from Oscar, the Stoughton, MA store manager. I called the store and finally get him on the phone. He says, "Oh yea, I remember you called last week, let me see if they (customer care) ever responded to my e-mail." Long in short is he said they responded and are not willing to assist in any way. I felt like I got absolutely hosed by Bob's Furniture...all of this business I have given them and the money I spent there and that was the way I was treated.

I am confident that the fine print was never brought up by Diane our saleswoman, and furious at the way I have been treated. I will NEVER shop at another Bob's Furniture again, that is for certain.

TO ALL - BEWARE OF THEIR FINE PRINT AND SCHEMES!!! THEY ARE CROOKS!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 26 Yes 26
834 of 1388 Bobs Discount Furniture reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 25 #1218079

Call Bob!!!!! Or write a letter to BOB!! I guarnteee they will resolve it!

Acevedo31

Aug 15 #1199305 Lynn, Massachusetts, United States

Ellos son terrible *** su coverts dice que pagan cualquier accident pero solo cogen el dinero que unos paga y no areglan nada son unos mentirosos att acevedo r.

Aug 15 #1199302 Saugus, Massachusetts, United States

They say they'll cover you for 5 years and my sofa had juice on it and the plan of them covering me says if a sofa has juice on it on accident the'll fix or pay for it and I've called for more than 2 years and they hesitate to fix it or don't even come and they say there gonna call back and that there gonna send an email but never do or fix it or anything but they do take the money for 5 years that's all they do, the plan is very bad you cannot relie on them and there sofas are bad quality.

Mar 16 #1128671

Read your policy before filing a claim. You should have said you sat down and a rivet in your jeans made the tear.

Feb 10 #1109608

Had a very similar situation happen to me in Woburn, MA. I think a class action suit may be in order.

Dec 19, 2015 #1081190

Just had the exact same scenario. Did you sue? I'm thinking 93a if they don't cover or credit GoofProof expense back to me

Dec 16, 2015 #1079691

Just had an issue where I moved my 1yr old couch and something fell and ACCIDENTLY punctured my couch.on their plan it says they cover accidental punctures and rips and tears. NO I was talking the worst rep and it was just horrible. They said because I moved it and the accident happened deems it uncoverable. I am livid with this company you pay your good money for coverage and your not covered for anything at all.

Dec 12, 2015 #1077798

I will never shop at Bobs again! Their good proof doesn't cover anything and they manuveur the warranty to their benefit. I purchased white couches at Bobs since the salesperson said the warranty covered stains and clothing dye. Needless to say that was a lie! I called Good Proof and they denied it; they said if I was to go* (number 1 or 2) on the couches then that's covered... I'm baffled by this.

Nov 02, 2015 #1057255

I just went through the same thing beware of Bobs, if you buy the bonded leather over time it will start to peal. This is year 3 and my sofa is a mess and even though if says protects from tears, rips and cut THE GOOF PROOF DEPARTMENT IS TELLING ME ALL OF THESE ARE NOT INCLUDED ON LEATHER SO WHY THEY *** WOULD THEY REFER ME TO THIS COVERAGE I AM EXTREMELY LIVID 1100$ DOWN THE DRAIN

Mar 15 #1127627

We have a 'leather' couch from bobs too, it's 4 years old and looks terrible! The entire thing peeled!

Apr 02, 2015 #967172 Framingham, Massachusetts, United States

Yes that's what happened to me. I advise others to not waste money on goof protection plan it hardly covers anything. Initially they will tell you that everything is covered which is a bIG lie.

2 0 Reply

Apr 29, 2015 #978045

So true . They promised me my pet damage was covered at the time of purchase. What a lie. Don't waste your money. I'm also done with Bob's

CC

Oct 28, 2014 #891888 Elmont, New York, United States

Bob's goof proof protection warranty is certainly a big scam. I have the same problem. The sales person made it sounds so easy when I purchased it. My grand kids were playing in my bedroom and made a mess on my vanity and bed. The spilled nail polish remover on more than one places and the paint was ruined. I called Gurardian and they refused to cover the damage because they said that the warranty doesn't apply to damage done on more than one incidence. I pleaded with them and told them that this damage was done when my grand kids came over to play one day. How can they tell they did not come to see the damage. They just ignore me. I guess it is money making thing. They will find something to tell you when you call. I will call better business bureau to see if they can do something to stop this fraud.

2 0 Reply

Oct 14, 2014 #884700

I have the same issue currently. I feel like I was totally misled by the Bob's salesman.

2 1 Reply
matt

Aug 17, 2014 #857589 Meriden, Connecticut, United States

Im soooo mad at Bob's Discount Furniture not only am I in the process of starting a law suit against them I also started a facebook page called "Bob's Discount Furniture Sucks". Like my page so we can get the word out.

9 0 Reply

1-20 of 57 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Bobs Discount Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Bobs Discount Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about
×