12K views

I have been a Bob's customer for several years and have spent nearly $10,000 furnishing my homes. I have almost always purchased the goof proof plan for peace of mind. One time I had to call them up and file a claim on a dresser I bought because it got scratched, they did a less than satisfactoy job at making the repair, but that is another story.

Recently I was at the Bob's Discount furniture store in Stoughton, MA looking at buying a new sofa. I was hesitant because I have a 1 year old black lab and didn't want to have the new furniture ruined, we were looking to purchase leather. Talking to Diane, the sales woman, my wife and I told her about the puppy and our concerns. At that time, we were handed a pamphlet that had a big check mark showing that goof proof covered rips, tears, cuts, burns, & punctures (no asterix next to it or fine print). We asked specifically if pet damages were covered, the sales woman told us YES, and did not go into any further detail. Since we THOUGHT we were covered, we bought the furniture along with the goof proof plan.

Fast forward to today...several months have gone by and last week my lab tore a hole in the back cushion of the sofa. I called to file a claim and have it repaired. While on the phone with the claim office, they told me that this damage is pet related and was not covered. I said, "Yes it is, I have the pamphlet right here and it says rips, tears, etc is covered!" Her reply was, "Well do you have the other paperwork handy?" I did, and she directed me to the fine print 3/4 the way down the sheet that excludes damage from pets...I was furious.

I am victim of Bob's Discount Furniture! I called the saleswoman and she insisted that she told my wife and I that pet damages were not covered. However, we both recall the conversation vividly since this was our main concern buying new furniture. Diane, our saleswoman, was useless...so I asked to speak with her manager, Oscar. Oscar was cordial at first, but it was clear he wasn't going to go out of his way to assist. He said he would reach out to customer care and see what they could do. By the way, it was very reassuring (starcasm) to hear him say right off the bat, "I will see what I can do IF ANYTHING AT ALL.." That's not a very good way to keep a customer happy. I reiterated that I have spent alot of money at Bob's Furniture over the years. Well, one, two, three, four days go by and I hear NOTHING back from Oscar, the Stoughton, MA store manager. I called the store and finally get him on the phone. He says, "Oh yea, I remember you called last week, let me see if they (customer care) ever responded to my e-mail." Long in short is he said they responded and are not willing to assist in any way. I felt like I got absolutely hosed by Bob's Furniture...all of this business I have given them and the money I spent there and that was the way I was treated.

I am confident that the fine print was never brought up by Diane our saleswoman, and furious at the way I have been treated. I will NEVER shop at another Bob's Furniture again, that is for certain.

TO ALL - BEWARE OF THEIR FINE PRINT AND SCHEMES!!! THEY ARE CROOKS!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Customer Care.

Comments

Unfortunately, I can also now be added to the LOOOOOONG list of victims of BOB'S. THIS BUSINESS SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN BY THE GOVERNMENT FOR DECEITFUL PRACTICES.

The salespeople will LIE to your face, anything to get the sale. We purchased a $3600 leather sectional, the most expensive in the store, ONLY BECAUSE WE WERE REASSURED BY THE SALESPERSON OVER AND OVER AGAIN THAT GOOF PROOF COVERS ANY KIND OF DAMAGE FOR 5 YEARS.

THIS IS *** GoofProof list of EXCLUSIONS is longer than the bible. STAY AWAY FROM BOB'S FURNITURE!!!!

ForthrightLeopardTortoise715
to John2466 #1586103

Yeah I'm having the same problem I bought a bedroom suit just found it has bedbugs I got the goof proof n every warranty and they will nothing for me

I called them to have a USB port replaced in a love seat I had for 2 months they said they will send the part to me in less than a week. and once I get it call back to schedule repair.

I wait 3 weeks, still no word or part. I call back up they said part is still in China and will be 3 months to go through customs.

SERIOUSLY!!! WTF!!

thanks! i just was going to purchase a whole living room set because my dog ate half of my older couch.

now i will not because i need an insurance plan that will cover dog damages. thanks again!

i have same problem with bob's goof proof protection plan if there anyway to sue this company for false stainment

I understand your frustration, they denied my claim for my twins bunk bed, the hardware broke and the bed is unstable, they asked what caused it to break, but I honestly didn't know so they said because I couldn't prove it was an actual incident, it was.denied. Had I said my kids were horsing around.and broke it, then it would been covered, so ridiculous, so fed.up.

I bought a Libra II sectional less than 2yrs old. The other night while watching a movie I heard a crackling sound and then I felt the sofa sink a few inches.

Turns out the front frame broke. Called good proof and their automated prompts directed me to bobs (how convenient). The associate claims they called good proof for me and said it was NOT an accident and it's not covered. Like other people hear we got the run around, I will Never buy from here again!

Looks like I will be going to home depot for a 2"x8"x6'.. do my own rigging warranty.

Lincolnshire, Illinois, United States #1231374

thanks for that sorry it happend i wont buy either

Call Bob!!!!! Or write a letter to BOB!! I guarnteee they will resolve it!

Saugus, Massachusetts, United States #1199310

Bag company promise I can't believe that company because never fix my sofa

Lynn, Massachusetts, United States #1199308

This company is so bad his see pay or fixing and not true never call back or fix

Lynn, Massachusetts, United States #1199305

Ellos son terrible *** su coverts dice que pagan cualquier accident pero solo cogen el dinero que unos paga y no areglan nada son unos mentirosos att acevedo r.

Saugus, Massachusetts, United States #1199302

They say they'll cover you for 5 years and my sofa had juice on it and the plan of them covering me says if a sofa has juice on it on accident the'll fix or pay for it and I've called for more than 2 years and they hesitate to fix it or don't even come and they say there gonna call back and that there gonna send an email but never do or fix it or anything but they do take the money for 5 years that's all they do, the plan is very bad you cannot relie on them and there sofas are bad quality.

Read your policy before filing a claim. You should have said you sat down and a rivet in your jeans made the tear.

Had a very similar situation happen to me in Woburn, MA. I think a class action suit may be in order.

to Anonymous #1584620

Let’s do it

Just had the exact same scenario. Did you sue? I'm thinking 93a if they don't cover or credit GoofProof expense back to me

Just had an issue where I moved my 1yr old couch and something fell and ACCIDENTLY punctured my couch.on their plan it says they cover accidental punctures and rips and tears. NO I was talking the worst rep and it was just horrible.

They said because I moved it and the accident happened deems it uncoverable. I am livid with this company you pay your good money for coverage and your not covered for anything at all.

I will never shop at Bobs again! Their good proof doesn't cover anything and they manuveur the warranty to their benefit.

I purchased white couches at Bobs since the salesperson said the warranty covered stains and clothing dye. Needless to say that was a lie!

I called Good Proof and they denied it; they said if I was to go* (number 1 or 2) on the couches then that's covered... I'm baffled by this.

I just went through the same thing beware of Bobs, if you buy the bonded leather over time it will start to peal. This is year 3 and my sofa is a mess and even though if says protects from tears, rips and cut THE GOOF PROOF DEPARTMENT IS TELLING ME ALL OF THESE ARE NOT INCLUDED ON LEATHER SO WHY THEY *** WOULD THEY REFER ME TO THIS COVERAGE I AM EXTREMELY LIVID 1100$ DOWN THE DRAIN