Beverly, Massachusetts
2.2K views

August we made a $250 deposit and put furniture on law a way. Two months later the furniture is not available any longer and we had 30 days to have it delivered and paid in full.

Over $600 left to pay. If I had not called I would have never have known. The Salesman never told us anything. The salesman could care less.

They would not work with us on the payment. In this economy you would think they would want to keep a couple customers.

It is a scam, they get you hooked on a cheap sofa, say its discontinued and make you have to find some other ugly peice of *** for more money.

I will never step foot in the Saugus location again, Except maybe to take some free candy and Ice Cream. The store is horrible.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Sofa.

Comments

Diane L

Hello,

Bob’s Discount Furniture does not have a lay-a-way plan; we provide price protection for purchases for up to one year, but we do not hold merchandise for the sale. The price protection agreement you should have signed explains this as follows:

…because the furniture is not held in stock, it is necessary for you to give a minimum of thirty days’ notice to the store where the order was placed.

If, at the time you request delivery, your selection is unavailable from the factory, you may choose other furniture and receive a 5% discount on the new purchase or receive a full refund.

The details of our price protection agreement should have been explained to you fully at the time of your purchase; I am sorry if they were not. I will pass your information on to our district managers to address the issue.

Our merchandising department may have many reasons for dropping a product, including the merchandise is no longer available from the factory or the factory has replaced that style with something similar. Our salespeople do not have prior knowledge of these occurrences and would not have been able to tell you that the merchandise would soon be dropped. We do call customers with open orders when merchandise has been dropped to give them the thirty days to take delivery, reselect, or receive a refund.

I hope you are able to find the furniture that will make you happy.

Bobs Discount Furniture Reviews