12011 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
2.4

STAY far away from Bob's! In 2015, I purchased a sofa.

I admit it was on the cheap side ($399.00- the Maggie II), but I needed a new sofa set and I was moving to a new place. I didn't get the good proof plus plan because quite honestly I knew that I was going to be trashing it when I moved out of state to Georgia a couple of years later. However, this is little ridiculous! Aside from the fact that the sofa started to creek a couple of weeks after purchase to which they had to come and fix it, A few month later the sofa cushions started to swell up (get puffy) and then shortly after the springs started coming out.

I contacted Bobs around September of last year and they did replace the sofa after THEY decided that the sofa was defective. Fast forward to 9, count em, 9 months later! The sofa is puffing up again and I can already begin to feel the springs coming up. I went to one of their locations in Fairfax, Virginia and the store manager was actually an assistant manager at a nearby store.

He said this model has had several complaints about the springs and that the floor model in the store he worked at had the same thing happen. He said it was a cheap couch and told me I should invest in more expensive furniture. I called back customer service and this is when you start to get the rudeness. The first rep I talked to spent the entire time chewing in my ear and basically telling me that even though the replacement sofa had been in my home for 9 months, the original sofa was purchased over 2 years ago so it is out of warranty.

I explained to them what the manager said and they told me that it would basically be my word against his and I don't have proof. They then told me I can pay $79.00 to have a technician come out and fix it. I told them I wasn't doing that and when I threatened to call the Attorney General's office, they switched up and told me they will send one out to my house for free as a "one time courtesy". Well the tech came out today, and determined it is a manufacturing defect and the coils are sticking and out and wouldn't you know it, Bob's still is sticking with the fact that it is still out of warranty.

This is an issue with safety and as I tried to explain to yet another rude rep who threatened to hang up on me, they can't use warranty to hide behind a defective-unsafe product. They are still saying I need to pay for the replacement parts which there is no guarantee that it would happen again.

It is so bad that not only did I file a complaint with the attorney general's office, I also filed a formal complaint with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission since they should not be selling this sofa anymore as you can cut yourself on their coils.. I am beyond a pissed consumer WILL NEVER SHOP AT BOB'S AGAIN!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Maggie Ii Fabric Sofa.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Credit for a new sofa!.

Comments

Glad I'm not the only one

Bobs Discount Furniture Reviews