Mount Laurel, New Jersey

I purchased furniture at Bobs Furniture in Woodbridge NJ.I was badgered into paying an extra $100 for the Goof-Proof insurance!!!

What a rip-off!! They don't tell you how many hoops you need to jump through to submit a claim. When someone Finally came my claim was denied and to top it off my coffee table was removed from the policy!!! The sales lady said I should get the coverage for the table alone!!

I have asked for a corporate number or address to let Bob himself know just how horrific this experience has been but never given one. The sofa is of extremely poor quality and I will NEVER go back there again and would warn EVERYONE and ANYONE I can to avoid Bob at all Costs!!!! I don't know why I was so surprised to see so many other complaints and dissatisfied customers. Well at least I am not alone.

I wonder if we could collectively file a class action against Bob. I know a little about the law from a paralegal course I took and have many friends that are attorneys that would be happy to help.

Anyone willing to get involved email me at walstib12@yahoo.com or call me at 732-589-4616.Denise Moroski South River NJ

Review about: Sofa And Cocktail Table.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Bobs Discount Furniture?

Comments

nick
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States #872571

I purchased the goof proof for a leather sofa.It got all messed up and they replaced it no questions asked.

gave me the option of replacing what I already had or to find something else.

Hopedale Resident

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PLAN!!!I hold Bob's responsible for pushing this plan on their customers.

I was on hold for 1 hr, then 30 min., then 45 min. with Guardian, the insurance company that provides this coverage, and never did get to talk to anyone. Bob's should do the right thing and disassociate themselves from this "goof proof" scam. I also had a switch on one of the recliners go bad and was told since it was out of warranty, (we have owned the furniture for two years) it would cost $40 for the switch and if I wanted a technician to install it, that would be an additional $79.

So I guess I can expect to keep putting more money in this piece of garbage I would assume is made in China.

In the competitive world of furniture retail, I would think Bob's would be more on top of their game.By the way I forked out $250 for this SCAM!

happy customer
Windham, Maine, United States #579863

I bought a living room set from them.My daughter got sick and threw up juice on the couch, staining it.

I filed a claim to have them come clean it or replace the cushion.

They came within a couple days and it was like new again.5 years later and ive still got the great living room set that im going to sell and plan on buying a new one from them.

Clna5

:( we bought a sectional recliner from bobs almost. Year ago when u sit in one of the. Recliners u can feel th wood coming through when u recline also there is scratches on the leather part all over..it says it covered but when I called GOOF PROOF they said it wasn't coverd it's only coverd if u can see stuffing coming out!i will not ever buy anything from this place they are a croc of ***!and fake as *** :sigh

Shade

This is totally ridiculous. I fell for the proof myself and after speaking to a rep named ruby this morning to explain what happened to a mirror i bought for almost a thousand dollars she said my claim was denied and simply hung up. The Goof Proof is pure FRAUD.Wished there was a way to warn other customers!!!!!!!!!

John-Patrick Hull

I read this board before sending in my claim to Guardsman (my purchase was not under the current Guardian as it was purchased in 2009) and was expecting the worst outcome possible. Clearly you MUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS and your damage MUST BE within the scope of coverage.

You can’t just make a call and expect them to just replace your item. Your car insurance doesn't work that way.

I called within the allotted time frame from the date of damage. Received my forms, COMPLTETED THEM (this seems to be the biggest issue as per Guardsman is that people do not fill out the forms correctly). Sent them in immediately as there is a STRICT turnaround time.

I called then in 5 days to see if they received my mail. They did and said they would call me when reviewed.

They followed up with me as promised. Offered me a replacement on my chest of drawers (only the glass top needed to be replaced, but they could only order the chest with the glass) Even offered me a reasonable price to buy back the item as it was still useable for 50 bucks.

The torn headboard required an adjuster to come out to see if it was repairable. He came the scheduled day. Guardsman called me and informed me the headboard would be replaced 7/13/11 and it was. The chest will be derived 7/16/11.

If you read your policy and follow instructions the process works. But if damage is done that is not covered why would you expect it to be covered because of your own...

If you jumped through the hoops as you say you did you wouldn’t have any reason to be pissed.

William A.

Bob's "Goof Proof" is only worth the paper it is written on, don't waste your money.

Katherine

I just went through the BBB to Bob's because The Goof Proof claims have not fixed the couch. The plan was purchased from Bob's so they should to stand behind it rather than washing their hands of it!

The frame breaks on the couch and loveseat. It is the poorest quality wood full of knots so it is no surprise it continues to break repair after repair.

The charmer from Bob's customer service stated 'If an acura breaks you have to blame the mechanic' REALLY. The initial problems are the product itself.

Bob's must truly bank on the fact that most people just throw their hands up and walk away!

christine

I bought a sofa from Bobs and it came apart at thr seems.Like everyone else I bought the goof proof.

It took them months to review my claim then they wouldn't fix it. Them said that the seem came apart because of being rough on the sofa. I didn't have kids then, I was pissed.

My mom ended up fixing it for me.I wont buy from them again.

Rich

This guy is full of $H!T !!!!BOB's has not changed a thing!!!

They used Guardian then and NOW!!! Ed who ever works at Bob's of course he is going to try and stick it to the consumer who just got their Tax Check back from the IRS!! Don't waste your money Bob is a crook and so are their employees who lie like this clown!!!

"Bobs uses Guardian now...not guardsman. The plan works really well if used correctly.

Most of Bobs employees purchase the goof proof on furniture that they buy. I work for Bobs and I bought all my furniture from Bobs.

Fantastic look for the price.....and the goof proof works.Have had for 5 years."