1.9

Like many others, I will be adding my own experience with Bob’s Discount furniture. I will try to make the following events as accurate as possible with no embellishment to the facts.

First, shame on me. Had I did my due diligence and not bought into the TV commercial hype, I would not have had this experience. The internet is crowded with negative comments on Bob’s Furniture and as I am learning first hand, it is 100% accurate. My reason for writing this is to possible help someone else save their hard earned money and purchase furniture from a reputable company.

I spent close to $5,000 on a sofa, love seat, and recliner. I bought a coffee table, and two end tables. I purchased an electric fireplace. Everything in place we turned on the fireplace and immediately It started making a racket.

The fan was bent. We called Bobs. Within a week a tech came out, determined it was broken and filed a report. I then had to call Bobs and make arraignments for a new fan.

Had the CSR been properly trained, the Tech would have come with a new fan. I waited several weeks and received a new fan. I noticed after one week of sitting on the couches, including the recliner, some of the cushions were softer than the others. Again, I called Bobs and they sent out the same Tech.

He took pictures and sent them to Bobs. The he looked underneath the furniture were he discovered on both the sofa and love seat the bolts were all loose. He tightened the bolts. He also tightened the bolts on the armrest as the armrest was crooked.

That did no good. I spoke to the CSR and told her I wanted a new sofa and love seat and recliner sent to me. Bobs agreed to send the love seat and sofa but refused on the recliner saying the pictures did not show there was a problem with it. I knew then I made a mistake and asked for a full refund.

I was told no. Several weeks after the sofa and love seat arrived and there was the same problem. It was then suggested to me to pick something new out and that the set I had was discontinued. Having no recourse I did.

The Sales Manager at Bobs said good choice this set is better made. After waiting two months it arrived. All looked well until I lifted the power seats. Again, loud squeaking noises from each one.

So, I have learned a lesson. PT Barnum said a “Sucker is born everyday”. I hope today is NOT YOUR birthday! Spend the money, buy from a company that does not sell cheaply made furniture, and that has a good customer service reputation.

Surf the net first. Good Luck

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Furniture Set.

Reason of review: All of the above.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Bobs Discount Furniture Cons: Customer service not caring, Quality of product, No solution, No quality control.

• no compensation