Providence, Rhode Island

I've had my Bob O Pedic Mattress for about 4 years.Today I decided I'd wash the protective cover, so I flipped the mattress onto its side and unzipped it.

Related: Bobs Discount Furniture Mattress Review from Southbury, Connecticut

To my horror, I discovered the entire underside of the mattress was completely covered in black mold!! Then as I finished pulling the covering off, clumps of white lint went flying everywhere- all over me and my bedroom. Then I realized that those clumps were the deteriorated lining of the foam, which upon reading the tag, I realized is made out of fiberglass!! I had to throw the mattress away, spend all night cleaning my fiberglass covered room, and buy a new mattress.

This is inexcusable.

A mattress should not get covered in mold within 4 short years if it is in a clean, dry environment.And it certainly should not have fiberglass lining, especially if it disintegrates so easily that it spews fiberglass snow all over the bedroom!

Review about: Bob-O-Pedic Queen Mattress.

Style and Design
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Bobs Discount Furniture?

Comments

Nina

did anything ever come of this?did bobs do anything for you???

I am dealing with the same nightmare of fiberglass right now and I called corporate and they said they would send an email out so I can send pictures of the tag because "none of their products are ever made with fiberglass" yet the tag specifically says "inner cover 50% FIBERGLASS 50% modacrylic" I have yet to receive the email from them so I can send pictures over for investigation........Have a feeling I will not be receiving it at all.......... This is extremely frustrating as we are now sleeping on an air mattress in our living room until we can get this horrible mattress out of our house and rip up our bedroom carpets!

please let me know if anything was done for you.

SHAME ON BOB STORES!

Gardiner, Maine, United States #1303461

I see that this post is a year old, but I am going through the same exact thing right now!I didn't realize the fiberglass was in the lint until after I washed my bedding, and 2 more loads of laundry.

I had to throw away all of my bedding, pillows, and some clothing. I still have clothing covered in it that I'm tyring to save. I don't know what to do.

They said they will send out a tech to look at the mattress, but I'm afraid the lint will go flying everywhere once they unzip it.Could you please let me know what your outcome was.

i'm in the process of contacting a lawyer because of the same issue on two foam mattress from them one bought in 2011 and one in 2015. please email @ isakellariou@hchc.edu.