Bobs Discount Furniture SCAM JUST SAY NO

596 of 1388 Bobs Discount Furniture reviews

I purchased a Sofa and love seat 2 1/2 years ago and it vow looks like I picked it up off the side of the road. The "Leather" not like any leather I have ever seen is beginning to peal and flake off of the seats and back of the sofa and love seat.

I called in to customer service and I was told there is nothing they can do as it is out of the 12 month manufacture warranty. Also because I moved down the street the could not send someone to look at it. Completely unhelpful and I was told there is nothing that can be done. I was also refused to be escalated to a higher level "this is as high as I can go no one will help me and the answer will not change". I am pretty sure if Bob came to my house and took a look at it he would be embarrassed to have sold me such a piece of ***.

So my advise is do not buy ANYTHING EVER from Bob's Furniture. Their slogan should be Home of the hope nothing goes wrong in 12 months sofa.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
596 of 1388 Bobs Discount Furniture reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
NYCRocker

Nov 26, 2014 #906291 New York, New York, United States

what you bought was "bonded leather" couch, not a real leather couch. Bonded leather uses small fibers of leather; they are "bonded" to the outer surface. Bonded leather is basically vinyl. 2 - 3 years is about all you get out of it before it starts to flake.

0 0 Reply
omayra

Jun 13, 2012 #495684

I feel bad that happened to you. Samething happend to me, but not bobs furniture. 5 brothers furniture. My husband and i bought a sofa and leather loveseat ( Well suppose to be leather LOL)for 1550 dollars. And it only lasted 3 years, it also started to peel and flake off. We had to buy new furniture in march 2012. Why are some furniture stores selling bonded leather as leather. There scamming customers. Because sometimes you can't really tell. We need to get together and put a stop to these scam artists. :cry

1 0 Reply
NYCRocker

Nov 26, 2014 #906294 New York, New York, United States

UNLESS the store sells bonded leather and claims or advertises it as "100% leather" you don't have a case. Its not a scam. Bonded leather has enough leather in it to smell and feel like leather, but is not 100% real full leather. Perfectly legal.
All you had to do was a simple internet search for what bonded leather really is.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.