New York, New York

First let me start by saying my family has spent 7k in the last 15 months with Bob's stores. we purchase a complete bedroom including the Extended goof proof waranty.

Salemen..."Goof proof is a must have with kids" if they jumped on the bed or an accident were to occur you will be covered or even fully replace replace the bed frame... NOT TRUE AT ALL. when selling the insurance they're experts on whats covered but when putting in a claiming OH WERE NOT RESPONCIBLE THATS GUARDIAN INSURANCE WE CAN'T HELP YOU. We were told today that only finished wood is covered, (WTF)...

Meaning the the wood which supports the bed which is un-finished is not... WHAT A JOKE. They wood actually broke due pressure caused when the bed post/rail which is finished wood broke off the metal plate. I told this up to customer care and was told "framing Joints" are not covered either finished or not...

I feel so ripped off right now and really thinking of going down to woodbridge, NJ with a sign saying ask me about BOB'S furniture. These deceptive practices need to stop. I should at the very least be refunded the $200 Insurance I paid and stop selling GOOF PROOF which is really a low rate hi commission Insurance from GUARDIAN. BUYER BEWARE.

I will include my E-mail for anyone who may be able to rectify or even wish to join me in my pursuit of justice........ rbarsen@yahoo.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Furniture Set.

Comments

Recieved the exchange for the draws and additional wood slats for added support to the frame today. Thanks Eric for taking care of this matter. Huge fan of this website and will point others this way.

Recieved a e-mail from Bob's

I’d like to apologize for this issue dragging on as long as it has. Although you are technically out of the manufacturer’s warranty I would like to extend an exchange

We are glad to see a company stand by their product and hope to report back a successful exchange

eric.maurer@mybobs.c​om

On 2/23 3:41 I sent a responce to the above using a 2nd E-mail address. My cell # is included as well.

I recieved E-mails from forum users so I know the 1st E-mail works and will CC that one as well. I will keep everyone here and those that E-mailed me posted on the outcome.

Bob Cares

OP,

I can certainly understand your frustration in having to deal with two different companies for a warranty claim. I'm sure we can make this right for you. I attempted to contact you via the email address above but keep getting back error messages. Would you please contact me at Bobcares@mybobs.com? Thanks, Eric

rbarsen@yahoo.com on 2/22/2012 3:24 PM

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.

I JUST got off the phone with the Goof Proof people. Apparently, they can make up terms and conditions, as needed, in order to reject your claim.

This is the second time I've had an issue with Bob's. This is purely criminal!