My Mom and myself have purchased furniture from Mybobs discount furniture such as couches, bed frame and table and chairs and to be honest their quality of furniture is not the best quality. Looks are deceiving, the furniture wears out rather rapid and does last years as it should.

I purchased a $2000 recliner set and have had their "technicians" come to my home multiple times to try and correct the fact that all of the recliners individually as well as the center piece tip over. The couches do not stay linked together, they come apart very easily. When in the reclined position, if you were to lean forward a bit or if a child were to lean against the foot rest area the couches will tip forward. Also if anyone sat on the couch (in the reclined position or not) and leaned a bit over the arm rest side the couch would disconnect and tip to the side as if it would fall over as well as if someone leaned on the back of the couch it would also disconnect and tilt back.

As humans with reflexes our bodies would react and not allow the full tilt over but a younger or small child will take the fall with the couch if unaware. I've expressed this to Mybobs customer care several times and deemed the couches unsafe, they said... "Theres nothing they can do because the tech said they were up to standard because its how Mybobs made them". Now how is that acceptable?

How is that ok? So after the Tech left I was on the phone with customer care (who doesn't really care) for over an hour with the Rep. who wasn't even saying much or giving me answers because she was waiting for someone to become available and tell her what to do over some chat line just to end up telling me there was nothing she can do. What a horrible experience.

I won't ever purchase anything from them ever again. I will also be cancelling my Mybobs credit card. I will stick to Raymour and Flanigan and Ashley furniture in which they have better quality furniture and better customer service. I had also paid extra for the Mybobs goof proof warranty which is just a crock of *** and their way of getting more money out of you.

It did nothing for me in this situation.

Shame on you Mybobs discount furniture. I will also let all of my family and friends know not to shop at Mybobs!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Recliner.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments