Manchester, New Hampshire
2.1K views

I had purchased a sectional from bobs about a month ago. I was promised delivery on Friday and it ended up not coming until a Monday.

No big deal it is only a couple of days so I did not even think to call customer service. When it did finally arrive is when the whole ordeal began. First they could not fit it through the front door so the guy removed it from the hinges and then slid the couch through. In doing so the door was placed in the back of the truck as to “not be damaged” well it has been 2 weeks now and I still have not seen my door!

Can you believe it! I called customer service and they said that my door did not match any of the ones they had in the warehouse. I was like “how many people’s doors do you have in the warehouse?” to which she replied “sir yours is not here and the others have already been claimed”. Unbelievable!

So in the process of living in a house that does not have a door a raccoon managed to get in to the house. We had heard it a couple of times and thought it was a small rodent. I called pest control and set up an apt for three days later and tried to get bobs to cough up the cash for it. After all they are is a reason I do not have a door right?

No luck. So I go looking for the thing myself and in the process the little SOB bites me right on the forearm. Three days later I find out I have rabies. All because bob is carless and his drivers are moronic.

After all of this I finally took the rest of the day after my trip to the doctor and try to relax on my new couch, which has cost me my front door and caused me to contract rabies, and the front support rail snaps in half. Since I was laying on the edge of the couch at the time I fell and tried to catch myself causing me to fracture my wrist in the process. I couldn’t make this stuff up if I tried! What’s worse is that I call them and tell them all of this and all the customer service rep can say is “Sir, bob’s is not responsible for any injury caused as a result of using our furniture in an improper manner and we are certainly not responsible for your contraction of rabies since you did not get it from the couch.” Since when is laying on your couch “improper” and I would not have rabies if I still had a door!

So to summarize I have a broken couch, no front door, a broken wrist, and rabies! Yes Bobs Discount Furniture gave me rabies. Still waiting on a new couch too.

Caveat Emptor!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Furniture Set.

Comments

#1331907

hahahahha you do know rabies is a fatal disease right? people don't just "contract" rabies? lol

They suck. *** it.

Mine sectional is only five months old. The one pillow came ripped. The back cushions need more stuffing. I already put out 1500.

I'm good. I'm paying for *** anymore. This is the worst store ever. They can take my *** to court lol.

The customer service sucks too. They aren't getting another dime from me.

3 days after contracting rabies you would be dead. I doubt u truly had rabies.

@Me

Not true. It usually lies dormant for a while.

If u get rabies shots within 10 days of being bit you should be fine. Doesn't mean I believe that insane story though.

Bob' garbage furniture has the worst furniture that I could buy from a store!!! People dot not buy from this store!!! They

The story is hilarious ! I think there is fault on both sides but use the old adage, "You get what you pay for".

Bob's delivery charges are too much! They only deliver to my area once a month & so when I bought a couch & love seat I had to wait 4-5 weeks for a delivery date & they were going to charge 99.00.

They are 1 hour drive away...plus they would be stopping on the way for other deliveries...so they are making how much?

It is a longer story but I ended up canceling my order & buying locally. I will never buy from Bob's again.

hatebobs2

Seriously, anyone that has anything nice to say about BOBS must be a low life that works there.

#getarealjob

:p

Bobs is the worst. I bought a dining room set with 6 chairs and I bought the goof proofing.

when a chair broke after my 100 lb.

doughter sat on it they claimed it was customer improper use and refused to replace it.

dont buy from them. if enough of us stop shopping there maybe they will go out of business

who the *** loads the persons door in the truck take it off and leave out side or in side the house who the *** walks to the truck with some one elses door that just *** and why the *** didnt thay put the door back on what kinda *** people thay got working for them thay would not get a tip from me thay probly sold it p.s. custermor is always write

:? this is so funny.

Bobs is a pretty nice store. ANd i have gotten all of my couches there. They have done great and there is nothing wrong with them. You people need to stop complaining about this.

It is a pretty good store. Anyways you dont need to use it at all much; because you could be cleaning,chores,and just stuff outside.

All i have to say is LAZY!!!! :grin :zzz

Bob has the worst delivery date service they charge so much money for delivery and can not even deliver till weeks or month. They should compensate on delivery charges if not able to deliver on customers request...

Anyone who doesn't realize that their door isn't on the front of the house is a ***!!! Secondly anyone who would sleep through the night without buying a new door that day.....

What do u expect? That's pathetic lmfao

I really think you ppl are jumping to conclusions!!!!Really who goes to buy a couch and measures their door first???NOT ME.Obviously it fit and wasn't like way huge cause they only had to remove the door.Also you don't know how big their house is what if they used a back door and the Owner(s) were rearranging their "NEW" furniture in one room and it being summer didn't think Oh,make sure they didn't take the door hunny???WTF.This person probably knows he'd have to have documention of the *** and fracture.Also when he called the place and they said they had other doors???Why would they have more than 1 persons door?For that matter even one persons door.I agree discount places aren't worried about what happens after, they want there money then they want to b done w/ you.They kinda prey on the poor.Seriously anyone who's delt w/ rent-a-center or places like that(discount store) you gotta agree their first priority is not customer service like say Lazy Boy as one woman mentioned and thier famous for that as well as quality-these other places are not.I've not heard many ppl happy w/ these places...Just sayin.I was comming on this site to try and get a cheap couch as I'm just starting a new job and need it until I can afford something more perminate-Rethinking that decision. :eek

Wow didnt you notice your door wasnt on, you got what you deserved why should they pay for your ignorance, hello its a door how can you not notice it was not put on, sounds like your trying to scam bobs for some cash, what a ***.

BOBS STUFF IS *** WOULD NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN. NOTHING BUT BAD LUCK FROM DAY ONE.

CUSTOMER SEVICE SUCKS TOO. CANT GET THROUGH HAVE TO WAIT AT LEAST 20 MIN TO GET THROUGHT TO SOME ONE EVERY TIME

bobs sucks and has the worst customer service they need to take lessons from Jordans for customer service

come on..it's your responsibilty as the home owner to find out first if the furniture can fit into your home....

Just thought you folks would like to know. Lazy Boy is made in America.

It is not cheap. It is a great product.

#198602

BOB'S TOTALLY SUCKED!!!!!

I WENT THERE TO GET A LEATHER RECLINER. I CAME HOME AND NOW I HAVE BED BUGS!!!!!

I DIDN'T EVEN BUY THE GD RECLINER AND NOW THERE ARE BUG BITES ALL OVER ME!!!!! I LOOK LIKE A *** LEPER!!!!!!!!!!