My husband and I purchased a new leather recliner furniture set on September 30, 2016.My husband was sitting on the recliner and his keys that were hooked to his pants caught on the recliner near the left side of where your leg would raise and caused a tear.

At that time I noticed how thin and cheap the leather actually is. I called Bobs who sent a tech out on March 16th supposedly to try and sew the tear given the weird spot it was ripped. He told me he could not sew it, took a few pictures and asked me to get my phone and dial a number put me on the phone with I have no clue who I was talking to and he left. The person on the phone said I should take pics and send to her which I did while on the phone with her.

She told me someone would be in contact with me in a few days. No one called so I called Bob’s again who then put me in touch with Guardian. Guardian told me they were sending another tech out from Tri county Furniture. Mind you I had to take 2 days off of work for this!

The second tech came took a few pics and told me I would be getting a replacement, give it a few days and call Guardian. I indeed gave it a few days call Guardian who then told me I would be receiving a letter within 7-10 days. I just got off the phone with Guardian who said they sent a letter and the letter includes a statement that the tear was made by a pet in the home. What?

I asked how can a tech determine a tear was made by a pet. Guardian said the way the foam was missing from the recliner a pet must have chewed it. Not the case at all. First of all what foam is located on the side of the recliner where the leg/foot area rises.

There is much foam there to begin with. No one sits on the side so why the need for foam/stuffing? I completely understand that your so-called Goof Proof warranty does not cover pet damage but this tear was not at all caused by a pet. For that matter how would the tech know I had a pet?

I can answer that because he heard the dog bark. My dog is very well trained and does not chew. He is 8 years old golden retriever. Chewing normally occurs in puppies not an 8 year old dog.

I have had other real leather furniture in the past that I purchased from Darvin Furniture in Orland Park, IL and that leather was much thicker than your cheap leather. I knew we should have gone back to Darvin rather than your location. With that being said I am highly dis-satisfied with Bob’s and Guardian. This has problem has been going on for over a month now.

The tear is increasing in size as I assume due to the recliner going up and down while sitting on it.

I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau on Bob’s and Guardian.I want an immediate response to this problem and would like a brand new recliner now.

Review about: Bobs Leather Recliner.

I didn't like: Customer service, Product quality and useless warranty, Poor workmanship, Employee knowledge.

1.5
Style and Design
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Warranty issue / $1000
Preferred solution Deliver product or service ordered

Had an Experience with Bobs Discount Furniture?

Comments