Lusby, Maryland
3.1

The saying proves right with Bob’s discount furniture; You get what you pay for. I purchased a mattress and had it delivered today.

When purchasing the mattress my girlfriend and I were told by the sales staff that the delivery fee we were paying was for delivery and haul away of our old mattress. We do not have a truck so having the haul away was a very important part of our decision to have it delivered. Upon arrival, the mattress was set up and then the movers informed us that the box spring was dirty and they could not take it and that the mattress was inside a plastic mattress cover so they could not take it. Upon removing the cover they said it too was dirty and they could not take it.

I spoke with their supervisor and it was explained to me that I paid for delivery only and that haul away was strictly a courtesy and could be denied for any reason. No apology was given for their actions and that there was no way they could refund all or part of my delivery fee. I requested to speak with her supervisor and upon speaking with the supervisor’s supervisor they refused to so much as apologize for their sales team deceiving my girlfriend and I when we purchased the delivery service, much less, provide any restitution so that I can rent a truck to dispose of my mattress. I remained parked in front of their delivery truck while on the phone with them and was told that they were contacting the POLICE because I would not move my vehicle from my own driveway.

The staff at Bob’s would rather waste the time of our law enforcement officers instead of simply refunding all or part of my delivery fee so that I could take care of, myself, what I paid them to take care of when I purchased my mattress.

Upon requesting to talk to their public relations department or a supervisor I was told that there was nobody else that I could speak to and they ceased speaking to me.

In summary, Bob’s may have discount furniture but when it comes to customer service, they are rude, do not care about the customer experience, will not stand behind the actions and words of their sales staff and are downright hostile by threatening to contact law enforcement.

This was my first and will most certainly be my last purchase from Bob’s Discount Furniture, as I do not do business with companies that lie to you in order to make a sale.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Bobs Discount Furniture Pros: Decent price.

Bobs Discount Furniture Cons: Service, Customer service, Being lied to, Delivery service, Management.

Comments