Totowa, New Jersey

About 2 years ago, my wife and I purchased 2 leather couches from Bob's discount furniture, total cost approximately $1,200, and also purchased this $149 goof proof insurance.After less than 2 years, a hole started wearing in both the headrest and the cushion.

We called Bobs, who sent a technician out in the beginning of June 2013 to survey the damage. A month went by, heard nothing back, we called back, then they said we had to call Goof Proof, who we then had to re-report our claim. Now the holes got worse. A month later of back and forth trying to get the claim escalated, they informed us this damage isn't covered because it isn't accidental.

Meanwhile if I had stabbed it with a knife, it would be considered accidental. So now Bob's refuses to take back the sofa, or even re-upholster the damaged areas. If these were cheap couches, I wouldn't be upset, but these were supposed to be top of the line, where for the same money I could've gone to a Macy's and Raymour, but chose Bob's due to the insurance etc.

The manager in the store as well as their customer service was deplorable.

Review about: Bobs Discount Furniture Cushion.

Had an Experience with Bobs Discount Furniture?

Comments

Dayton, Ohio, United States #941962

They *are* cheap couches. You didn't get leather, or top of the line *anything*, for $600 each. That's normal wear for the cheap material that is on the couches.

SINY
Staten Island, New York, United States #731203

What's the name of the couch style?

Michael

Looks like I have the exact same problem.

Same couch as far as I can tell.

I was told it was a manufacturing problem.

They do not cover that.

Goof Proof is a joke.

I want to stab the couch and see what happens.

Did you get anywhere?

Jane
East Brunswick, New Jersey, United States #705407

I can understand your frustration, but who thinks that their stuff is " top of the line"? One look at the ads and the store and it's clear this stuff is made worse than bad.

Bob Cares
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States #701122

I'd like to help. Please email me at BobCares@MyBobs.com with your order info and please include a copy of these pictures. Thanks, Eric.

to Bob Cares #977500

I has the same exact problem my couches pealed they sent a service guy out said they didn't cover that I paid cash AND I was highly disappointed now I have to cover my couches because its an eye sore AND embarrassing what can we do favrdbygod@yahoo.com.com