Bobs Discount Furniture - Couch Cushions and Headrests
About 2 years ago, my wife and I purchased 2 leather couches from Bob's discount furniture, total cost approximately $1,200, and also purchased this $149 goof proof insurance.After less than 2 years, a hole started wearing in both the headrest and the cushion.
We called Bobs, who sent a technician out in the beginning of June 2013 to survey the damage. A month went by, heard nothing back, we called back, then they said we had to call Goof Proof, who we then had to re-report our claim. Now the holes got worse. A month later of back and forth trying to get the claim escalated, they informed us this damage isn't covered because it isn't accidental.
Meanwhile if I had stabbed it with a knife, it would be considered accidental. So now Bob's refuses to take back the sofa, or even re-upholster the damaged areas. If these were cheap couches, I wouldn't be upset, but these were supposed to be top of the line, where for the same money I could've gone to a Macy's and Raymour, but chose Bob's due to the insurance etc.
The manager in the store as well as their customer service was deplorable.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Goof Proof Protection Plan
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a whole bedroom set and a recliner sofa from bob's furniture store. When purchasing, the salesman asked me to buy the 5 year goof proof warranty which will..."
- "We purchased a leather couch from Bob's Furniture in Farmingdale long island. Two years later the leather started peeling. We purchased the Goof Proof protection that we were..."
- "I bought a "bonded" leather sofa/sleeper in 2011 with a 5yr Goof Proof warranty. The cushions started to buckle and peel this year, after the 1yr manufacturer warranty expired. I..."
- "DiskDigger is often a data recovery software solution for all users that recouping your deleted or prepared files through the storage media associated with your operating system, which include various..."
- "We got a new roof that is now in our falling piece by piece in to our yard. This is not the first time either. September 20th is when the..."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."
- "Sold windows by a rep named Lazlo who claims he makes over 100k per year- Too much information. Upon our installation we were given entirely different storm doors than..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."