Bobs Discount Furniture - Couch Cushions and Headrests

433 of 1388 Bobs Discount Furniture reviews

About 2 years ago, my wife and I purchased 2 leather couches from Bob's discount furniture, total cost approximately $1,200, and also purchased this $149 goof proof insurance.After less than 2 years, a hole started wearing in both the headrest and the cushion.

We called Bobs, who sent a technician out in the beginning of June 2013 to survey the damage. A month went by, heard nothing back, we called back, then they said we had to call Goof Proof, who we then had to re-report our claim. Now the holes got worse. A month later of back and forth trying to get the claim escalated, they informed us this damage isn't covered because it isn't accidental.

Meanwhile if I had stabbed it with a knife, it would be considered accidental. So now Bob's refuses to take back the sofa, or even re-upholster the damaged areas. If these were cheap couches, I wouldn't be upset, but these were supposed to be top of the line, where for the same money I could've gone to a Macy's and Raymour, but chose Bob's due to the insurance etc.

The manager in the store as well as their customer service was deplorable.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
433 of 1388 Bobs Discount Furniture reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 06, 2015 #941962 Dayton, Ohio, United States

They *are* cheap couches. You didn't get leather, or top of the line *anything*, for $600 each. That's normal wear for the cheap material that is on the couches.

0 0 Reply
Michael

Sep 06, 2013 #712747

Looks like I have the exact same problem.
Same couch as far as I can tell.
I was told it was a manufacturing problem.
They do not cover that.
Goof Proof is a joke.
I want to stab the couch and see what happens.

Did you get anywhere?

2 0 Reply
Jane

Aug 23, 2013 #705407 East Brunswick, New Jersey, United States

I can understand your frustration, but who thinks that their stuff is " top of the line"? One look at the ads and the store and it's clear this stuff is made worse than bad.

2 0 Reply

Apr 28, 2015 #977500

I has the same exact problem my couches pealed they sent a service guy out said they didn't cover that I paid cash AND I was highly disappointed now I have to cover my couches because its an eye sore AND embarrassing what can we do favrdbygod@yahoo.com.com

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Bobs Discount Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Bobs Discount Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about
×