About 2 years ago, my wife and I purchased 2 leather couches from Bob's discount furniture, total cost approximately $1,200, and also purchased this $149 goof proof insurance.After less than 2 years, a hole started wearing in both the headrest and the cushion.

Related: Bobs Discount Furniture Cushion Review from Sandwich, Massachusetts

We called Bobs, who sent a technician out in the beginning of June 2013 to survey the damage. A month went by, heard nothing back, we called back, then they said we had to call Goof Proof, who we then had to re-report our claim. Now the holes got worse. A month later of back and forth trying to get the claim escalated, they informed us this damage isn't covered because it isn't accidental.

Meanwhile if I had stabbed it with a knife, it would be considered accidental. So now Bob's refuses to take back the sofa, or even re-upholster the damaged areas. If these were cheap couches, I wouldn't be upset, but these were supposed to be top of the line, where for the same money I could've gone to a Macy's and Raymour, but chose Bob's due to the insurance etc.

The manager in the store as well as their customer service was deplorable.

Review about: Goof Proof Protection Plan.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $1200
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Bobs Discount Furniture?

Comments

Dayton, Ohio, United States #941962

They *are* cheap couches. You didn't get leather, or top of the line *anything*, for $600 each. That's normal wear for the cheap material that is on the couches.

SINY
Staten Island, New York, United States #731203

What's the name of the couch style?

Michael

Looks like I have the exact same problem.

Same couch as far as I can tell.

I was told it was a manufacturing problem.

They do not cover that.

Goof Proof is a joke.

I want to stab the couch and see what happens.

Did you get anywhere?

Jane
East Brunswick, New Jersey, United States #705407

I can understand your frustration, but who thinks that their stuff is " top of the line"? One look at the ads and the store and it's clear this stuff is made worse than bad.

Bob Cares

I'd like to help. Please email me at BobCares@MyBobs.com with your order info and please include a copy of these pictures. Thanks, Eric.

to Bob Cares #977500

I has the same exact problem my couches pealed they sent a service guy out said they didn't cover that I paid cash AND I was highly disappointed now I have to cover my couches because its an eye sore AND embarrassing what can we do favrdbygod@yahoo.com.com