Bobs Discount Furniture - Couch Cushions and Headrests
About 2 years ago, my wife and I purchased 2 leather couches from Bob's discount furniture, total cost approximately $1,200, and also purchased this $149 goof proof insurance.After less than 2 years, a hole started wearing in both the headrest and the cushion.
We called Bobs, who sent a technician out in the beginning of June 2013 to survey the damage. A month went by, heard nothing back, we called back, then they said we had to call Goof Proof, who we then had to re-report our claim. Now the holes got worse. A month later of back and forth trying to get the claim escalated, they informed us this damage isn't covered because it isn't accidental.
Meanwhile if I had stabbed it with a knife, it would be considered accidental. So now Bob's refuses to take back the sofa, or even re-upholster the damaged areas. If these were cheap couches, I wouldn't be upset, but these were supposed to be top of the line, where for the same money I could've gone to a Macy's and Raymour, but chose Bob's due to the insurance etc.
The manager in the store as well as their customer service was deplorable.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Goof Proof Protection Plan
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I bought The piece of The ... This plan. And them Say it's gir 5 year. The sofa it's have some rips, tears And start To open and The back...."
- "I purchased a Sofa and love seat 2 1/2 years ago and it vow looks like I picked it up off the side of the road. The "Leather" not like..."
- "Love seat springs were broken with a year , hardly used love seat . Called goof proof they told since it can be manufacture defect we cannot claim, called bobs..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "My name is Eddy and 2 years ago Johnny cured my 7+ year cocaine and heroin addiction. I just went back for my annual reboot and reset and I am..."
- "My Name is Maryann I am a real person. I am hear to defend Johnny The Healer! After seeing these horrible lies about Johnny the Healer i had to..."
- "I purchased a new home in May of 2016 from this builder in Indianola Iowa. The home itself was beautiful and they did an overall great job. I did not..."
- "I wouldn’t advise anyone to ever shop at this Prattville, Alabama location. If I could, I would give them zero (0) stars, but I have to give them at least..."
- "It's a great airline if you like the idea of a flying a city bus. I don't normally do reviews but I had to go out of my way to..."