New York City, New York
1.1K views 2 comments

I was still in the process organizing my living room when my sofa was delivered.I subsequently noticed that there was a small damaged spot on the back of the sofa behind the pillow (the nap was missing).

Related: Bobs Discount Furniture - Goof Protection is No protection

I phoned customer service and was referred to the Goof Proof Protection plan that I had purchased. When I called them I was told by their rep that the coverage doesn't start until the one year warranty has expired and that I should call customer service again. And that Bob's is always trying to get out of honoring their warranty. I phoned Bob's again and was told that since I hadn't reported the defect within the 3-day period there was nothing that they could do to remedy the situation.

The rep also implied that I should create a story about accidental damage to get it covered by the Goof Proof plan. When I told her I wasn't comfortable lying about this she told me that there was nothing that they could do for me.

Unfortunately this is a lesson learned.I will not be a repeat customer.

Review about: Charisma Sectional Sofa.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Bobs Discount Furniture?

Comments

Dayton, Ohio, United States #942045

If the goof proof plan doesn't kick in until a year later, was the rep suggesting you wait a year and then lie about what caused the damaged spot? Not good warranty policies in any case.

Bob Cares

Wow!That's not right.

I'm sure we can remedy this for you.

Please email BobCares@MyBobs.com with your order info and I'll be in touch.-Eric.