Bobs Discount Furniture - Customer service sucks

446 of 1388 Bobs Discount Furniture reviews

I was still in the process organizing my living room when my sofa was delivered.I subsequently noticed that there was a small damaged spot on the back of the sofa behind the pillow (the nap was missing).

I phoned customer service and was referred to the Goof Proof Protection plan that I had purchased. When I called them I was told by their rep that the coverage doesn't start until the one year warranty has expired and that I should call customer service again. And that Bob's is always trying to get out of honoring their warranty. I phoned Bob's again and was told that since I hadn't reported the defect within the 3-day period there was nothing that they could do to remedy the situation.

The rep also implied that I should create a story about accidental damage to get it covered by the Goof Proof plan. When I told her I wasn't comfortable lying about this she told me that there was nothing that they could do for me.

Unfortunately this is a lesson learned.I will not be a repeat customer.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
446 of 1388 Bobs Discount Furniture reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 06, 2015 #942045 Dayton, Ohio, United States

If the goof proof plan doesn't kick in until a year later, was the rep suggesting you wait a year and then lie about what caused the damaged spot? Not good warranty policies in any case.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Bobs Discount Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Bobs Discount Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about
×