Old Tappan, New Jersey

I purchased 2 Bob O Pedic recliners. One was ok, but the other had a bulge in the seam.

The recliners had a seam that went horizontally across the arm, and another that went from back to front. At the intersection of the two seams, there was a bulge. If you shifted your weight, the lump would dig into your thigh. I called for service and they sent a guy who off the bat told me that he had 10 minutes to assess the problem.

He took a quick look and told me that there was no manufacturer's defect and that it was just uncomfortable to me. They agreed to exchange the chair, but I didn't want another one because I didn't want the same problem again. I agreed to purchase a more expensive electric recliner as a replacement. When I went to the store to pick out the recliner, I was told that there would be a $59 shipping charge on the new recliner.

This is bull. The old recliner was to be picked up at the same time new recliner was delivered. My husband spoke to a person in Cust. Svc.

and got no where. He spoke to a manager named Dorie, who said the rule was set and we would have to pay if we wanted the better chair. We asked for a new tech to come, and she refused. We finally just said to send the same model recliner and called to store to tell them we would not upgrade.

THIS IS SERVICE???????

I will never buy from them again and I will tell all my friends and all my FB friends not to buy from them. They lost an additional sale because of their incompetent cust svc people and inspectors, and rigidity of their rules.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Recliner.

Comments

I had this as well. The ball bearings all fell out of the swivel with in the first 8 months.

The leather rubbed off the foot rest by month 10.

Get what you paid for. I did not have an issue with the seam tho.