I special ordered a sleeper sofa and was told that it would be delivered in approx 5 weeks and I would get a call the week it was to be delivered to set a time and complete payment.I did not receive a call, so I called and was told that it had been ready for 2 weeks, but no time had been set since I didn't call them yet and hadn't completed payment.

When I called the phones were not working properly, so it took me around 10 calls to actually get a person on the line. We set the delivery date for 2 weeks out since they couldn't get it to me sooner even though it was ready. When they showed up, they had a regular couch, not a sleeper sofa, so I didn't accept it. The store manager told me if I wanted the sleeper, I would have to wait the 5-6 weeks again, so I told him I wanted a major discount.

Since it was a weekend, he would have to put in the request and call me Monday when their corporate offices opened. No call. I called Wed and again went through around 5-7 calls to get someone. It took a few hours for them to come back to me.

They use outside vendors to build the furniture and they wanted me to send a picture of the couch I received. Of course I didn't have the couch, but somehow they didn't know this. According to the vendor, they delivered the right couch and would only waive the delivery charge. Of course I just cancelled the order and asked for my money back.

The deposit was a gift from my parents, so it was on a different credit card than mine. They don't keep your payment information, so I was unable to give them that card number and they refused to credit the whole amount to my card because "that's just how the system is". Hopefully, they won't screw up the credit, but I doubt it.

I will never ever go back to this store and have no idea how, with the staff running the store, they have managed to stay in business.

Review about: Bobs Discount Furniture Sofa.

Had an Experience with Bobs Discount Furniture?

Comments