171 Old Country Rd, Carle Place, NY 11514
2.1

My Bob’s Discount Adventure started on August 11th.

Store Experience: My wife and I had been looking to purchase a few pieces of furniture for a while. We had checked all the main stream chain stores, and chosen Bob’s. My wife liked how the furniture looked, and I liked the prices. On August 11th, we walked to a branch to have a final look, and place our order. It was a nice experience; we were not bothered by the sale associates when we looked around the store, which is a big plus. We purchased 7 pieces, and were informed that all were available and in stock.

First Delivery: Adventure started on the first delivery. A different type of coffee table was delivered, the delivery team realized it on the spot, and took it back right away. One of the end tables had a damaged drawer *** and the drawer in the other one was stuck and could not be pulled out. Finally, the server had a cracked stone top. To me, it looked like it was damaged before, and an effort to repair it was done poorly. I contacted the customer service, reported the issues, and a second delivery was scheduled for next week.

Second Delivery: Correct coffee table was delivered. It had two broken door rollers, but I figured I can replace them myself. One of the end tables was replaced, and the other one was repaired. Another server was also delivered, but this one had a broken leg. Again, a poor effort had been made to fix it. They had tried to use a new screw to attach it, but the new screw had broken the leg in the middle, and damaged the bottom of the server so bad that we found the leg and several wood pieces on the floor. I called customer service again, and third delivery was scheduled for the following week.

Third Delivery: Third time’s a charm? Not with Bob’s! Adventure continues. Instead of a server, they delivered an end table. I called customer service again, and fourth deliver was scheduled for the following week.

Fourth Delivery: I have not had the pleasure of receiving the fourth delivery yet. Customer service called me, and postponed my delivery for two weeks. It’s out of stock.

Reasoning: Bob’s has informed me that the problem lies with their vendors. You see, you pay Bob’s, but it’s their vendors that make the furniture and deliver. And Bob’s has no control over them. Bob’s is not responsible if vendors deliver damaged items, wrong items, or item is out of stock. I guess Bob’s is only responsible to take the money.

Customer Service: It’s not too bad. On average, it takes about 30 minutes every time you call them. They are mostly nice (except the last one, who called me to say the delivery is postponed, and basically told me to shut up and not complain, this is the way it’s going to be). And online customer service is useless, after you spend half an hour with them, they tell you that you need to call them, they cannot do anything over the chat.

Side Effects: There is the normal feeling of aggravation and helplessness. Our kitchen is a mess, everything scattered around tables, countertops, and chairs. My wife has missed 3 days of work to receive the deliveries, and I had to pay $50 delivery fee to my building every time, because they lay mats in the hallway and put covers in the elevator. It’s about $600 worth of financial damage so far.

Conclusion: Don’t shop from a place that is not responsible for its products.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Furniture Set.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Bobs Discount Furniture Pros: Decent price.

Bobs Discount Furniture Cons: Customer service and delivery.

• The Delivery