East Hanover, New Jersey

I bought a couch set a little over a year ago in Nov 2012. I was informed of the goof proof plan that would send someone over to fix any accidental stain or damage. In addition, the goof proof plus will have Bob's furniture or the insurance company replace the furniture one time with free delievry. I informed the agent i was leaving to another state and I was told that coverage is for anywhere within the USA.

It is not May of 2014 and I had a spill on the couch which was never cleaned as I was told it would be. I cleaned it myself with bob's cleaning agent. My couch now has an accidental rip in it as well as scratches. I was told by the company that it is normal wear and tear and not accidental. A different agent said it should be covered by the insurance company but the insurance company claimed that it is a manufacturer's defect. Finally I report this to the Better Business Bureau and I get an email from Pam stating that they issued me an in house credit towards another couch which will be delievred for free. later she says she was unaware that I was outside their delivery zone and that I have to pay for the shipment or they can refund the cost of the goof proof. Basically, Bob sells you an extended warrantee and when you need something replaced, they go back on their word and attempt to refund you the cost of the goof proof only. As of now, they have not fixed my issue and it has been a little over 2 weeks since I complained.

Stay away from Bob's furniture as they are full of gimmicks. So much for the phony slogan "No phony Gimmicks! Just pure value." This should have caused me to throw up a red flag and proceed with caution because Bob warns you against stores with phony gimmicks and they claim not to have any. Then what are talking furniture, catchy little jingles and animated figure heads if not pretty obvious gimmicks? In addition, Bob's biggest gimmick is saying he has no gimmick while he saturates you with gimmicks. As the saying goes, "if it seems too good to be true then it probably is too good to be true." Listen to Bob himself, or the animated version of him, and look out for phony gimmicks.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Furniture Set.

Comments