Nashua, New Hampshire
2.0

I purchased a sectional sofa at Bob's in July. The absolute only reason I chose Bob's was because of the Goof Proof protection. The sales person told me it covered spills and really drove home it covered everything while my almost-one-year old shopped with us. I was given a pamphlet about goof proof. That it. No specific detail. I never even questioned not getting more information because the salesperson was so convincing.

I was denied, Here's why; My daughter spilled coffee on one cushion. soaked. There was a centimeter splash on the arm, a small spot on the backrest and a small spot a few inches long on the cushion next to it.

There are also small spots on the cushions that I believe are yogurt. I usually spot wash tiny issues myself, but I purchased Goof Proof so why not use it? There are small one year old sized spots that I though I would have cleaned while they were here cleaning the large coffee stain. I PAID FOR THAT COVERAGE. I WAS TOLD ALL SPOTS WOULD BE COVERED. I was denied. They will clean nothing because I need my whole couch cleaned. I said no big deal, I can clean the tiny spots myself. Please come clean the cushion that is completely ruined by coffee. NOPE. Refused to clean anything because I already said there were spots on the rest of the couch. I DROVE TO BOBS.

Some one will call in 48 hours. That's it. This is not what I thought I was buying. No wonder I was not given the correct information, I would never have purchased a couch from them.

I am now researching similar complaints, government agencies in CT and NH to reach out to investigate and I have already filled out a form for the OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONSUMER PROTECTION AND ANTITRUST BUREAU 33 CAPITOL STREET CONCORD, NEW HAMPSHIRE 03301 Tel.: (603) 271-3641 Fax: (603) 223-6202 Toll Free: (888) 468-4454. Here is the information for that office if anyone needs it. I am looking at class action law suits as well.

Has anyone else had this experience? Was it cleared up? What action did you have to take?

Thank you for any input.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Sofa.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Bobs Discount Furniture Cons: Being lied to.

• Bobs Furniture Warranty Scam

Comments

The only way I have found for them to make good on the Goof Proof warranty is to alert the BBB, they cave after that.