Hillsborough Township, New Jersey

We bought a leather theater sofa set last year and have had nothing but problems...it was delivered damaged and even after they came out, never fixed properly. the back of the ottoman was actually cracked and by the the time we figured out that was the reason why the top and bottom were not aligned (the bob's folks said it was because the top was not fastened on correctly and realigned it twice) the warranty had expired so we were directed to goof proof...the store told us not to tell them we did not know what happened because if you don't know how the damage originated, it was not covered.

additionally, when someone sat on the recliner, their shoe ripped the foot area....well i called good proof and neither are covered....first because they said 'seam rips are not covered' then because my husband unfortunately said kids were around the furniture and they said 'roughhousing' was not covered...the contract states 'intentional abuse' is not covered...no one was abusing out furniture! i would not let the rep off the hook and she eventually hung up on me! when i called back, i got another rep who gave me a po box to write to...and refused to put a supervisor on the phone. he said supervisors don't take calls....hmmm great customer service.

i'm completely disgusted at this point. i do hope there is a class action suit.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Sofa.

Comments

paheath

Bought a leather couch for over $1000.00 and purchased the goof proof plan. Was painting my room and moved the couch out and found 2 worn holes in the leather.

Called Quardian and they said it wasn't covered as it happened from normal wear and tear not by accident.

The couch is only 10 months old. I am so mad :(