Wallingford, Connecticut

I purchased a couple of items from Bobs store in Southington on October 28th, 2011, the day before the storm. I was informed that I was expected to collect the furniture within 24 hours of purchase as stated in the agreement. I rented the truck, and was able to secure two men to assist with the moving of the furniture and headed to Bobs (Southington) in the storm to pick up my furniture. Upon arriving to Bob's I was informed the store was closed as the power had been knocked out due to the storm.

I phoned them repeatedly for several days and was finally able to get through to another store which informed me that the Southington store had not yet received power. I waited for approximately 1 week and was finally able to get through. They were unable to tell me if the furniture was still there and even worse expected me to absorb the cost of another rental and assistants to help with getting the furniture. I was livid on many levels because I simply could not understand why the stores that had power (The Southington Store was the only one without power) had not taken the time to phone customers to inform them not to pick up furniture that day) Finally, so fed up with the lack of service and inability to reach anyone I phoned my attorney and had him phone them in hopes of getting at least the cost of the rental reimbursed. Miraculously, customer service was receptive to his inquiry and sent a 100.00 gift card via mail within days. Turns out, they had charged my credit card even though there was no exchange of merchandise. I will never shop there again and have every intention of reviewing any other avenues available to get the remainder of my out of pocket cost refunded to me.

I wish I had read these reviews first.

Comments

Bob Cares

OP,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with us. Please send your order information to Bobcares@mybobs.com so we can make this right for you. Thanks, Eric

Stop reposting. We got the hint the first time.

We saw the first post. No need to repeat it.

Bobs Discount Furniture Reviews