2.0

We purchased a McKenzie Daybed w/Trundle with a memory foam mattress for my daughter from Bob's Discount Furniture. Just one day after having it installed my daughter was just sitting on the bed and felt something "crack".

After removing the mattress we noticed one of the frame slats had cracked. We called Bob's and they sent a service tech to fix the issue. The service tech couldn't believe how thin the slats were. (We found a second cracked slat after removing the mattress..they look like they're made out of balsa wood).

He also said there should've been at least a bunkie board installed because the slats were so thin and chintzy. Meanwhile at the showroom, my daughter and two of her teenage friends were sitting on the floor model without any issues. Being there was nothing the service tech could do to fix the problem, he logged the details and called Bob's customer service to explain the situation. I then got on the phone with them and was told that they could not get stronger slats and that the bed didn't include a box spring or a bunkie board.

I then asked if they could send me a bunkie board and was told they didn't have any. So I suggested I would purchase a bunkie board and install it myself and for them to reimburse me for the cost. I was told they couldn't do that, and that if I did that it would void the warranty. At that point I asked to speak to a supervisor.

After twenty minutes on hold the supervisor came on and basically regurgitated everything the customer service tech had said. In the end I was told I had two options...replace the bed with the same one (why would I do that) or replace it with a different bed at equal or lesser value. I explained that I didn't want another garbage bed from Bob's and that I wanted a full refund to purchase a bed somewhere else and I would never shop at Bob's ever again.

I was then told that there were no refunds after the bed had been installed in the home.

Nice. Needless to say I am not done with fighting this, but please STAY AWAY FROM BOB'S DISCOUNT FURNITURE!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Mckenzie Daybed.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Bobs Discount Furniture Cons: Poor quality, Refund, Exchange, Lies.

Comments

I'm going through the same nightmare right now. My daughter wants a replacement bed.

They told me the bed has been discontinued.

Well, guess what... I checked just their website and the same EXACT bed is there but instead of calling it McKenzie, they call it Madelyn.

So, their rep from corporate basically lied. They are full of lies.

Unbelievable. They are sooooo shady.

We need a class action suitl

Bobs Discount Furniture Reviews