South Ozone Park, New York
5.0

Update by user Jul 16, 2016

Bob's Furniture Discount repaired both arms on my sofa bed on July 8,2016. I am still waiting for them to replace the cushions on the sofa and love seat.

they did give me a discount on the cushions. I don't know why I only received a discount and not a complete new set of cushions for both pieces of furniture. I should have received five cushions but I did not so I moved on. I paid them their asking price and was told that I have to wait until October 2016 to receive the coils for the cushions.

my question was are you serious why the long wait and was told that is the manufacturers date. I was also told by the techs that came out to call back Bob's when I receive the coils and they would probably install them for me. after months of calling and writing to your company and the bbb I finally got help. I had my furniture three years and did not feel that there was that much wear and tear on the arms of the product to warrant breakage.

I received a letter from Bob's telling me that the furniture arms were made of cardboard and could not withstand the use that it was given in my home. naturally I disagreed and we went on back and forth for months. I have a contract called goof proof with did not cover any of the problems that I was having with my furniture. I did not understand why give a contract if it covers none of the damages that are normal for furniture that is in the home for three years or less.

goof proof only would cover spills or tears of the furniture. I am glad that my complaining finally paid off and I am partially satisfied . the techs were very professional did their job and it was better then new furniture.

it took five hours to complete but I was completely satisfied with the furniture when they completed it. just a little angry because I have to wait three more months to complete the order of service

Original review posted by user Apr 13, 2016

I purchased a sofa bed and love seat from Bob's March 20 2013. Last year I started having problems with the cushions and later with both arms on the sofa bed.

I found out today that both arms are broken on the sofa bed and one of the cushions the coils have come through the cushion cover. I called and Bob's customer service took my call and sent someone out the check out the sofa. He called the company back and they offered me to replace the cushions at $50.00 each. There is no way that I will pay that because I only had this furniture three years.

They told me that my manufacturer warranty had expired after a year and there was nothing that could be done.

Please send someone out to reevaluate this situation. I hope you are willing to stay behind your product

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Sofa.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: replace furniture.

Bobs Discount Furniture Cons: Cannot get a straight answer to the solution to the problem, Springs, Coils or springs came through the seated cushions.

Comments

not completely they are sending out a repair person to see if they can repair the arms that are made of cardboard which was stated in the letter that was sent to us.

my problem still exists. after the inspection from Guardian the repair people from Bob's it was in a letter from them that they only cover wood not cardboard.

I did not know that the arms on my sofa bed was made of cardboard.

so they will not help me I would like a replacement not asking for the monies that I spent just a comfortable sofa bed.

Bobs Discount Furniture Reviews