Pawling, New York

Customer service was fine- they delivered a ripped mattress (the delivery guy cut it with a box cutter and then tried to run out of the house.) I actually had to call the company while the guy was still at my house because I was afraid they would say that I already agreed to take it.

My problem is that the bed REEKS! it smells so badly..like chemicals. They told me it woud "air out" but 2 months later, it hasn't.

Wondering if my frequent headaches are casued by this horrible smell. Otherwise, the bed is comfortable...definately not like the one in the store though!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Bed.

Comments

The same thing happened to me the bed smell and I have been getting headache and feeling sick

I had a similar experience.

At this time I’m interested in joining with others customers who have had a similar experience. Please build the courage to voice your concerns and join together to do something about this. Let’s get what is owed to us, please join me.

Larimar1274@gmail.com

First off it is illegal to sell used mattresses. When they are returned they go into an incinerator.

The odor on the mattress is due to the foam that is used. It's non-toxic and does not cause health issues. When the mattresses are sent to Bob's they are compressed flat and then before the delivery they are opened to expand - so the odor can still linger for a short time.

Usually it takes a week or so at the most for the odor to dissipate. If it has not you should call customer service.

The chemical smell is probably because the used strong chemicals to attempt to kill the bed bugs. I've read stories of how they recyle old beds, put new padding on then spray them and resell them. You should google I'd bet you'd be shocked.