New York, New York

I bought a one-shot mismatched mattress and foundation from Bob’s Discount Furniture. After only six weeks the full-size mattress had compressed leaving a significant valley in the center.

I am a 5’7” 160 pound woman. My issue is that the advertising is deliberately false and misleading. The consumer is led to believe they will be purchasing a reasonably functional mattress and foundation and that the only reason the price is so low is because the mattress and foundation have mismatched covers. It would seem that Bob buys low-end mattresses and wooden box “foundations” and then sells them to consumers as if they were bargains.

I called BDF three times without satisfactory results. Then I filed a complaint with BBB asking for a replacement mattress. Bob’s offered me $25 because a manager had not called me back. Also the supposed “One Shot” deal advertised online was still there two months later.

Is it possible/probable that Bob has warehouses full of cheap sets and sells them to consumers at a comfortable profit? Don’t be a trusting fool like I was.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bobs Discount Furniture Furniture Set.

Reason of review: False advertising.

Preferred solution: mattress replacement or set removal and full refund.

Comments