Bobs Discount Furniture - Mold on Wood Slats
I was completely happy with my nearly $2000 purchase of a mattress/boxspring/platform bed set from Bob's Discount Furniture.However, after a year of allergy/respiratory issues, my physician suggested my bedroom be examined.
We found the culprit, MOLD, lying right beneath the bed. When my furniture was delivered on 12.18.09, it was a wet, rainy day and the installers left the wood outside the truck while they moved each piece. It never occurred to me that this would result in mold. All 3 wooden slats (for which I paid $120 - you can get from $20 at Home Depot) were covered in ugly, black mold and wood mites.
I called Customer Service and spoke with Bethany/Eveling (sp). Neither were eager to help. They maintained that all the company could do was replace the wood slats. Thanks, but no thanks!
I'll go to Home Depot! At least they honor their store policy. I have suffered greatly this year with allergies. Switched medications, bought HEPA vacuum, missed several days of work and all they could say was I should have called within 3 days of delivery!
Are you kidding?I was warned not to buy from Bob's...I will no longer recommend or purchase from them!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Bedroom Furniture
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I ordered some furniture from Bob's and caught the delivery driver trying to hide some damage. after talking to customer care she stated they would send a tech to repair..."
- "Bob's is on their 7th attempt to get my bedroom set order straight; an order from Dec 22nd 2010 no less. Not only has each delivery guy not been..."
- "i purchased a dining room table set from BOB'S and a few weeks later the arm chair leg snapped in half when a friend sat on the chair...4 months later..."
- " We hired We Hang Holiday Lights in Toms river NJ to decorate our home and trees with lights garland and wreaths. Ryan Phillips was present on the job site..."
- "I purchased a waist training belt. I wore it one time and in less than two hours, it tore in two places. I tried returning it and have just been..."
- "We got a new roof that is now in our falling piece by piece in to our yard. This is not the first time either. September 20th is when the..."
- "I recently purchased two items from modilily.com worst mistake ever I was excited for my package to come. First of it took a long time to get here second I..."
- "Very disappointed . The costumer service is so disrespectful . The picture will say for itself. ..."
- "I bought a brand new (or so I thought) X2 on 12/8/16 straight off of the company website. It was a promo deal that included the board and bag. When..."