I was completely happy with my nearly $2000 purchase of a mattress/boxspring/platform bed set from Bob's Discount Furniture.However, after a year of allergy/respiratory issues, my physician suggested my bedroom be examined.
We found the culprit, MOLD, lying right beneath the bed. When my furniture was delivered on 12.18.09, it was a wet, rainy day and the installers left the wood outside the truck while they moved each piece. It never occurred to me that this would result in mold. All 3 wooden slats (for which I paid $120 - you can get from $20 at Home Depot) were covered in ugly, black mold and wood mites.
I called Customer Service and spoke with Bethany/Eveling (sp). Neither were eager to help. They maintained that all the company could do was replace the wood slats. Thanks, but no thanks!
I'll go to Home Depot! At least they honor their store policy. I have suffered greatly this year with allergies. Switched medications, bought HEPA vacuum, missed several days of work and all they could say was I should have called within 3 days of delivery!
Are you kidding?I was warned not to buy from Bob's...I will no longer recommend or purchase from them!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Bedroom Furniture
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "After only 1 year of owning this couch.. And it's a sectional and every section has done this.. I hope everyone sees this and thinks twice! ..."
- "In February I purchased the most expensive mattress with box-spring from Bob's Discount Furniture in Salem, NH. After the delivery finished installation and left. I notices that the mattress are..."
- "Bobopedic mattress separated from topper foam after less than 3 years. Refused to do anything. Surly dopey nasty phone clerks. Bob hires them to protect himself from warranty claims. Cheap..."
- "Very disappointed . The costumer service is so disrespectful . The picture will say for itself. ..."
- "I recently purchased two items from modilily.com worst mistake ever I was excited for my package to come. First of it took a long time to get here second I..."
- "My friend experienced a death and I wanted to send flowers. Their website didn't work, forcing me to call which was a nightmare in and of itself. It..."
- "After owning for only 4 years now, we noticed that the bottom shelf of the cupboard over the couch is coming off. We then checked to see how it is..."
- "This is the work of Appliances done right! They said they provided a 90 day warranty, but they will not come out and fix the issues I'm having. ..."