Resolved
3.5
Style and Design
Poster increased review rating.

My 15 year warranty with Bob's Furniture will not cover MOLD, Black mold growing deep inside and in a huge area of the bottom of mattress under the rubber zipper off mattress encasement.I was cleaning bedding and moving the mattress upward to lean against wall.

There was black material coming out one of the vent holes on rubber part of the mattress cover/encasement. unzipped it to find a HUGE black, brown, yellow moldy area. this isn't just surface mold it is deep in the foam. I filed claim on warranty and they quickly asked for very specific photos of the mold!

Then 1 day later denied the claim saying it doesn't cover mold. I never spilled anything on the bed, the top side and sides of mattress are crisp and clean, no stains! I clean bedding often, am in a clean and dry bedroom. There was no environmental or accidental reason for the MOLD growth.

My pictures clearly showed how perfect the top was and how moldy the bottom was, they denied the claim. I just filed with Better Business Bureau of CT. When I googled there are thousands of owners of this bed with newer ones and one older than mine. People are Livid!

This is poor design to encase the darkest area of the mattress in rubber which traps in heat and moisture and gives the perfect environment to grow mold.It may take years sitting in place before and owner has to move the bed and notices the mold when it's too late!

Review about: Bobs Discount Furniture Mattress.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Salesperson.

I didn't like: Denial of replacement matress, Defective materials that cause mold to grow in memory foam.

Had an Experience with Bobs Discount Furniture?

Comments